Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas TR160 trunnion 5 axis

Iceman_one01

Hey everyone,

We are programing a haas TR160 trunnion 5 axis.

Because of X clearance restriction in the trunnion getting the cutter around the left and right side of the part without cutting into the trunnion.

We tried to create a new view rotating the part A0 B90 so we get more room to cut the ends of the part.

The problem is WCS is A0 B0 and the post does not like to go A0 B90 or any other B ang in the A0 plane the logic probably thinks there is no need for that.

The only way we can get around it is to create a different A plane A1.0 B90.

Any ideas how to change and force the B axis to move?

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a Machine trunnion model for a Haas TR160, for use in machine simulation?

The Basic one is much larger in X and does not give me the option to see if there would be any crashes.

I like to force every angle A and B from my machining views into the post G-code and machine simulation output.

Currently the Machine simulation B axis is not matching the G-code output.

Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a Machine trunnion model for a Haas TR160, for use in machine simulation?

The Basic one is much larger in X and does not give me the option to see if there would be any crashes.

I like to force every angle A and B from my machining views into the post G-code and machine simulation output.

Currently the Machine simulation B axis is not matching the G-code output.

Thank you!

even if your machine models are for a bigger machine, you can set the X axis travel limits to match your machine.

That won't give you collision alarms, but it will output an over travel alarm which will be of some help

I’m not sure how to use this options Misc Values in my tool path tree.

I changed a couple of them and made no difference in the G code A and B output.

Nutating bias, secondary axis

Thank you!

Have you tried changing Misc Values- Secondary axis to 2 ?