Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 16i tool length default value

left coast lefty

• 1 month later...

Okay so change the output at your tool changes to either do that then call G49. I have used positive tool offset for years and IMHO is the only way to go, but it does require you to think about what is going on through out the whole process. By having the post output the code they way you are looking for then you should be good to go.

• Like 1

Why not just remove the G49 all together. It's not needed if your first move in Z on the next tool is your G43 line. I agree positive offsets are the way to go since you can do a quick tape measure check to make sure the tool was touched off and isn't a value from a previous tool.

Exactly

it is just the existing program mod for us, We have lots of existing proven programs

Fanuc Parameter #5009 bit zero.

If set to 1 will create motion when cancelling the height comp

If set to zero will cancel the height comp, without motion.

fanuc 18i parameter manual b-63530en/03

" 5009 bit 0 = GSG---in the mode of tool compensation direct input B, the offset write input signal is input 0-from machine side 1-from pmc side"

Exactly

it is just the existing program mod for us, We have lots of existing proven programs

Then why not make it a company policy that before any program is ran G49 is searched and removed. After it is gone add a note to your program header that says proven program by adding a character to that and then you know it is gone.

You could also just set up a Macro call using an G code. Put G49 in parameter 6050 (or any available parameter between 6050 and 6059). Create a program with correct O word (O9010-O9019 respectively) like this,

%

O9010(G49 BYPASS)

M99

%

The Macro call has priority over standard code so the macro prg gets executed 1st. You can see what it does, nothing. We have 3 VTL's, 2 ram style and 1 turret style. The ram style use an M6 to tool change (like a mill) but the turret operates like a standard lathe and calls a tool with T06. To interchange between machines with the same prg I did the same thing for the M6. Works like a charm.

We don't use a G49 on any of our Fanuc based mills.