Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Stock Question

EX-wccprogrammer

I have a part with significant stock to be removed on one side, and a small amount on the other. I am tring to level load both programs on 2 machines. Is there some way for the second machine group to use the result of the first machine group for stock?

I am aware of the STL from Verify option, but it would be much easier if MC could just continue to use the same defined stock from one machine group to the next.

Please tell me I have overlooked something?

in the operation manager, over the last op right click, the go to the bottom of the tab and select lathe stock preview. select keep geometry and it will give you a solid with wire frame. I use this on every lathe program for the next operation and for my shop sketch.

^^^^^^ Same here, although all of our lathes here are the same brand which lets me just add another toolpath group for each op. I use it just as described to define a lathe blank for mill verify.

If I were to use a different machine/program format, I would do a ghosted stock flip op at the end of my 1st machine group. that way my stock for op2 would be already positioned where needed, which would make it easier to recreate stock if a change was needed on op1.

Just an idea.

HTH.

post-18410-0-33131300-1379685900_thumb.jpg

^^^^^^ Same here, although all of our lathes here are the same brand which lets me just add another toolpath group for each op. I use it just as described to define a lathe blank for mill verify.

If I were to use a different machine/program format, I would do a ghosted stock flip op at the end of my 1st machine group. that way my stock for op2 would be already positioned where needed, which would make it easier to recreate stock if a change was needed on op1.

Just an idea.

HTH.

I am in the same boat, we have all Okuma lathes. A few LB15's a couple crowns and 1 LU15 and then one oddball Viper (POS).

• 8 months later...

Hey All,

Is there a video link for lathe stock flip or can someone point me to a previous thread?

Presently I'm mirroring my turning profile to another level and manually re-selecting stock for OP2 operations, within a new machine group. Creating new stock revolve geometry too.

I'm sure this is the incorrect approach.

Hey All,

Is there a video link for lathe stock flip or can someone point me to a previous thread?

Presently I'm mirroring my turning profile to another level and manually re-selecting stock for OP2 operations, within a new machine group. Creating new stock revolve geometry too.

I'm sure this is the incorrect approach.

M

You may think that, but that is how I normally program Mastercam lathe. Not saying, but saying....................