Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6, Level Mgr. & Right mouse button menu

kdgrills

Several times a day the RMB menu ceases to function in level mgr,

I have to restart Mastercam in order to regain it.

No configuration changes or Windows updates recently.

Anyone else experience this? Known issue?

This is really adding to my frustration level.

Yes, this happens to me all the time. It does it in X6 and in X7. And yes it is bothersome to those who actually program for a living. Only way I have been able to get the right mouse menu back for the level manager is to close Mastercam and restart it. I know it's not very heplful but at least it's not sarcastic.

I keep my level manager open on 2nd monitor. If you keep level manager closed and only open it when needed it seems like the right mouse works fine.

I typically leave the levels manager closed and it happens to me as well, usually happens towards the end of the day after I've been programming for a number of hours.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys using a Microsoft mouse & keyboard with their drivers installed? I've run into some wonky things that like that, but not for a while.. I remember one Microsoft driver release that would cause MCam and SolidWorks to just continuously zoom out, regardless of which way you scrolled the wheel..

Just out of curiosity, are you guys using a Microsoft mouse & keyboard with their drivers installed? I've run into some wonky things that like that, but not for a while.. I remember one Microsoft driver release that would cause MCam and SolidWorks to just continuously zoom out, regardless of which way you scrolled the wheel..

I have the same issues in X6 MU3 and X7 SP2. I had the OEM mouse originally and it happened. I currently use a Razer mouse with current drivers and it still happens.

Running X6 MU3 and X7 SP2 and it happens to me at least once a day in either version. I am running Logitech MX Revolution mouse with latest Logitech driver with the setpoint software. Control center version 6.32.7 and driver version 5.33.14. It seems I have to be in a Mastercam session for a couple hours for it to happen.

Thanks, I'll give you all the dots you want.

Is there a trick to (re)docking Level Manager?

Curious to see if that may be the issue.

What do you mean by re-docking it? I just have mine open in the second monitor when I'm working with it...

That error log might be helpful, I'd bounce it off of tech support to see what they have to say. I haven't had any issues like that over here, and I often have files open for hours (or days...) at a time.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought you could dock it along with the Ops. Mgr.

I've had it open on my second monitor for years now also.

I haven't been able to re-start X6 yet (have some ops. generating)

after some random clicking about the menu re-appeared. It comes

& goes rather randomly, weird.

I'll try to pay more attention to it & get a hold of support if I can come up with something

tangible to give them.

Edit:

Regarding having files open for long periods of time...

That's how I've been used to working in X5. I'd generally

have 2 sessions open, Core side in one, Cavity in the other.

While paths were generating in one session I'd be actively

working in the other, each open for days at a time. X6 just isn't

stable enough to accomplish this, I'm lucky to be able to keep it

open for more than a few hours.