Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating tool path

wojtek90

I would like to creating the tool path for drawing attach. I am strangling with creating separate operation for the one side then other. I would be glad if somebody would guide me thorough this. Particularly haw to create different plane for both side and machining slopes and chamfers on the "top"side.

JIM_COVER_PLATE_PROJECTTRIMED SURFACE.MCX-6

JIM_COVER_PLATE_PROJEC_SOLIDT.MCX-6

Here is something I did for you to look at.

Sorry I did it in X7. Next week I will take it down so hopefully you can download it before I take it down.

Download removed. Email me if you would like a copy of the file I did with HST Toolpaths and other things done.

Edited by Crazy^Millman
  • Like 1

Here is something I did for you to look at.

Sorry I did it in X7. Next week I will take it down so hopefully you can download it before I take it down.

Thank you for taking time and show me how it should be done. I am trilled to see how nicely you did it. I will analyze it today and try to copy your work. It give me good practice lesson.

I would be very please if you can show me how you bring wise to the drawing and clamp it. I never saw any examples how to do it. Thank you again.

Ps. I have education version of MC7 .I can see it only. I can't post it.

Search a little more and you will find your answers. Look through these posts.

http://www.emasterca...topic=73686&hl=

http://www.emasterca...showtopic=73266

http://www.emasterca...topic=74351&hl=

Tanks. As always I can count on you Hockey Guy. I study your videos very often and this allow me to moving forward with my Mastercam , but it also show that I have long way to go.

Thank you for taking time and show me how it should be done. I am trilled to see how nicely you did it. I will analyze it today and try to copy your work. It give me good practice lesson.

I would be very please if you can show me how you bring wise to the drawing and clamp it. I never saw any examples how to do it. Thank you again.

File - Merge - select vise or clamp file. Move to new level and xform - translate into position.

You need to have the solid file of YOUR vise and or clamps already. Select these models from the directory that you have them saved in.

Once you have merged your files then translate where needed.

Do I have to draw them(clamps or wise) or maybe I can download them from somewhere?

Your choice. Downloading is easiest.

Most guys will have a library of thier fixtures (clamps, jigs and or vises) that they can merge when needed.

Same if you are adding motors, bearings, fastners etc.

Do you have any tips for sides where can I downloaded this fixtures. What type of file should I looking for?

The fixtures are related to the shop that you are working in. I might have Brand X vices in multiple sizes here but the shop next door has Brand A vices in one size only. Same for clamps and any fixtures.

Most vise companies have models available but it should be the one you are intending on using. It is not necessary to have these in your drawing, you only need them if clearance is an issue.

Are you still attending Georgian College? The instructor there should be more then capable of answering these questions.

• Like 1

See if this video helps you with this thought.

Please let me know your thoughts to.

• Like 2