Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Newmachines comming

Cmon, lets be realistic...  $100 per hour in a Haas shop can EASILY be turned up to $200+ per hour (without increasing the part value or cost) on the setup you are describing and you know I'm not joking or exaggerating. 

Bob yes I know you are not, but need to remember I am the crazy person on here. I am mean and hurt peoples feelings all the time. I got people thinking I have a great dislike for them on this board. I have made $2000/hr on some jobs before. I worked at one shop years ago that was primarily a conventional house. Owner kept records to the penny on every job. I came in and was programming, setting up and operating a CNC Mill and CAN Lathe.  Right by myself I made $1 million of parts on those 2 machines. I averaged 60 hours a week. That was $333/hr I was making the company right by myself. The shop rate at the time was $65/hr and I was making a whopping $14.25/hr. I asked for $1.00 raise after I got married and was told to shove it.

Life is that life and we all have our different experiences that have shaped, molded and fashioned us into who and what we are as people. I use the $100/hr since it makes for easy math.

HaHaHa, Do you also work at my place??   

We purchased a NEW Flow WaterJet, let's see...... 4 YEARS AGO.    Guess how many parts its cut???

Looks like I'll have to hold off on the BBQ grill idea now....  Someone from FLOW is coming Tuesday to inspect and see what it's gonna take to get our Junk up and going :cheers:

I'll have to take pics of some of the wiring the Rats chewed up along with 4 years of Dust...

I worked at a place that bought on a 5 year lease.

Then after 3 and money was tight they re-financed for another 5.

Then rinse and repeat.

Heck even the old mainframe IBM network was financed and that had been replaced 4 years previous...

Here we buy machines cash. Don't spend what you can't afford!

Well, after a hand full of missing parts are delivered and a little clean-up I'll be ready to call the set-up technician  :cheers: 

Funny thing was that he said this kinda thing (storage for extended period) happens more then you think with their waterJets.  Maybe be up and cutting in three or so weeks.

Well, after a hand full of missing parts are delivered and a little clean-up I'll be ready to call the set-up technician  :cheers:

Funny thing was that he said this kinda thing (storage for extended period) happens more then you think with their waterJets.  Maybe be up and cutting in three or so weeks.

If you have to work anywhere within 200 feet of that thing, you're really going to wish it was still sitting idle as a rat's home.

• 2 weeks later...