Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NEW MACHINE SIMULATION

hot_chip

Would anyone have any information on how to make a new machine from STL files? I'm getting script errors when I try to view the help files. I think it has something to do with us being on the cloud for some software programs. I can't seem to find anything on this for some reason..

Your Reseller can help you with that request. Do you know who your Reseller is?

I found the help in machine sim and was able to print it out. I made a has VF3 with a 4th axis but now I'm finding I have an error such as "No element with specified name defined in machine kinematics (X)" and "No element with specified name defined in machine kinematics ©", which is weird because I don't have a C axis..

Also getting "The translation vector can not be nullMachine Definition initialized with default definition" error. I also noticed scaling issues after applying my dynamics such as the tool to the spindle. Scaling issues such as it actually changed the size of my machine after saving. Any help would be appreciated..

• 2 months later...

That has to do with the definition of the post controlling the simulation aspects than from the machine simulation software itself. When defining the axis you have the table definitions and then you have the spindle axis definition, but having them together would not be like that machine. That machine can be simulated, but it seems the code for Z is either broken up by the control which will be hard for Mastercam to simulate or by the post which I think Mastercam could handle.