Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lockup after verfiy..

Rekd™

In the last month I've had MC lock up when exiting verify almost half a dozen times. The first 2 I lost everything prior to last back. (Now I verify AFTER running my backup script..)

I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing that makes it lock up. Anyone else seeing this?

v9.1 sp2

'Rekd teh :shrug:

Use to happen to me alot in Ver 8.

Was your file rendered when you went into verify?

I used to always have to un-shade and always save before verifying too.

Haven't seen it happen in Ver9.0 SP1.

My 9.1SP2 CD just came yesterday so I haven't got to use it yet. Just playing with it at the house and checking out the new meti-cut stuff....

Murlin

Yeah Rek happen to me 2 times today and has happen to my other guy about a dozen time ni the last 2 weeks. Think we are both going back to sp1 till they come out with sp3 or sp4 or sp5.

Oh and he has his with everything in Mcam9 folder where I have it as Mcam91 so this seem to neither make it better or worse.

Crazy Millman

[ 09-30-2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Rekd !

I want to advice you not a solution ,but a little tip .

You can be in veryfy before starting the veryfying and save your file !

Just attach one of the icon places on the first icon page to file-> save and you can do it as a precaution !

I personally changed all this Icons for Gview and Cplain (never use them) for file -get,file -save ,operational manager and so on.

And attach F12 to that VBscript for backupping .

I do it all the time and it works !

Iskander teh hack your Mastercam station

Well guys if this thing is back with SP2, all I can say is that you better have your files backed up in 2 seperate places.

(I know most of you do but for the new guys)

Alot of times when I used to get that crash in verify, I would go to open up my file and It would have 0 bytes for properties....hate it when that happens.

Murlin

Rekd,

Out of curiosity, how was the V9.1 SP2 installed? I ask because if it wasn't a fresh install from the CD, that could be causing your issues. Did you have Antivirus protection enabled while installing SP2? I did a fresh install of V9.1 SP2 from the CD and I am not experiencing those problems with verifying the toolpath.

What's the video card? More often than not it's the video card. When was the last time the driver for the card was updated? HTH cheers.gif

Peter I had the same problem with Ver 8.1.

It went away when I upgraded to ver 9.0.

Same nvidia video card, OS, no anti virus software installed, same....same machine.....

I never used STL for stock verify when I was having the problem either..I always thought it was my video card until it went away with the upgrade to 9.

Hrmmm maybe its still the video card.....will see what happens when I start using Ver 9.1SP2.

I been wanting a reason to get that 9700 anyways smile.gif

Murlin

If I were you, I'd stay away from the ATI cards if you're running Mastercam. I know others have said how great they are (Mick included), and yes, they are great for gaming. I built three new pc's for the training room here last week, P4 2.8 Ghz with a gig of ram each, two were built with Asus GeforceFX 5800 (128 meg - 8x AGP), the other we tried an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (also 128 meg - 8x AGP). The FX cards run well, the Radeon went back after searching in vain for a driver that worked even reasonably well. The effect with the Radeon card was almost of a delay in response, when you passed the cursor over the menu a half a second alter they would actually light up, rotating a shaded part was like putting an old Geforce MX 200 in there, slow and choppy...

i'm still running V8.1.1 and mine does the same things, but only on certain files with certain toolpaths. turning off truesolids in the options page of verify would get it to run but that didn't really solve anything. have you tried to run each tool individually in verify and see if a certain tool was causing the problem? i was able to get one file to run after doing this and finding it was one tool that verify didn't like. i couldn't figure out what it didn't like but when i deleted that tool sequence, it ran fine. doesn't really explain anything but just some thoughts that may help.

Murlin, just go with an FX series card (5800 or 5900 if you have the $). They will work well for both work and play... One thing to consider is whether or not your motherboard will support 8X AGP. No sense dropping the cash on a card without being able to use it to it's full potential.

[ 10-02-2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Paul D. ]

Thanks Paul, 9.1SP2 wont even work with my old nvidia card driver. Imported files are garbed.

I guess it's a driver thing with Win 2k.

It worked half-a$$ed with 9.0SP1....but now it is totally wigged out......

Murlin teh needed a new card anyways....thanks for the tips on cards

Murlin !

Download the last detonator driver from Nvidia site .

Detonator rocks for Mastercam and games 2 !

I use it for Mastercam and Unreal Tournament 2003.

Works great for my geforce 4 MX440 SE 64 ram and

Geforse 4 mx440 64 DDR and even not bad with Geforce 2 mx400 32 ram on Intel and AMD !

Iskander teh where is my flack cannon ?