Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lockup after verfiy..

Rekd™

Rekd, We tried Ghost Recon until cheat mode ruined it. Of course I will prol have Ultima Online on my PC until I die or it becomes Ultima Offline......

Iowajim, I haven't tried Duke 3-d yet. Always wanted to but never got around to it....

So much to do....so little people to do it for me...errr....well, heh biggrin.gif

Murlin

• 1 year later...

I have been having the same kinds of issues with the verify locking up. It does seem that it occurs most often when I am using an STL file for Stock, and it seems to occur repeatedly in the same place .. i.e. 70% or something...it almost as if it is hitting some kind of memory limit. Does anyone have a fix for this? It is getting very annoying and pretty old. I am Running the latest Maint release of 9 with all the current service packs and recently had my very kind M-CAM dealer come by and do a clean install.... still does it.

I am Running a P4 2.4 with a NVidia GForce FX 5600 Video Card. I Have the latest Drivers and Just added another GIG of Ram to the system. I have only experienced this recently and the system hasn't changed. I am doing more comlpex peices and have been getting pretty frustrated by this lockup thing. I have also experienced issues where a certain percentage through the verify the tool stops moving and the %complete begins to go up quite quickly until its complete at which time I have an incomplete verify, even though it says its done....

Well I have been trying the verify eclusively without the STL files and It allways locks up during this one finish OP. It is possible it is a harware issue, but as I said The hardware has not been changed and I never encountered this issue until the last couple of months, the extra RAM was added in an effort to improve performace and possibly fix this issue, this problem was occuring prior to the extra RAM being installed. The problem seems to made worse when I try and abort the verify once it has gone into its wierd behavior, thats when it Locks up and I have to force MCAM to shut down. If I let the verify finish, even though it is not updating the display correctly I can most times exit out of verify, but not allways. It seems more like a program issue hitting some sort of Memory issue than a hardware problem.... But then again, we are talking about windows here.

Black-Dragon,

OK, select all the ops except the problem Finish op. Run verify and save the Stl. Now go back and run that last finish op in verify with your newly saved stl. See if that works. Another thought is copy the problem op and make some little change like retract,clearance or stock to leave and regen. Then run verify on the modded finish op.

HTH

I used to have problems crashing in verify. Tech Support at IHS (Tim) suggested I delete the verify.prm file in the mcam9/mill/ops directory. I don't recall having problems since. Someone else on this board tried it a while back also and I think it worked for them at the time.

I have been having this problem for a long time. I have found that, if I turn down the quality of the verify so low it is not very helpful. The verify program will run complete most of the time.

Matt, Thanks for the tip. I have removed the verify.prm file. The system regenerates the file when you run verify. I will see if the problem goes away. Possible that file gets corrupt. cool.gif