Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program transfer issue to HAAS

BLUEZL600EFI

I just got Mastercam installed at my shop. We are able to transfer files to and from the machines with the exception of not being able to send to my Haas. We can recieve just file but when I try to send it shows a 244 code and andds a bunch of gargbage into the program. Adds a buch of text in the middle of the codes. Mastercam sent out their DNC guy and he can't figure it out either. We can send from my old computer and software, he can send from 2 different laptos, so we have it narrowed down to my computer. We tried disabeling the Avast and the firewall and still nothing.

He seems to think it's something in my computer that is preventing it from sending correctly. I am running Window's 7 Professinal 64 bit on a Lenovo desktop.

I am not a computer guy so if you guys have any ideas I am open, if you need more information let me know I will try to provide that too. A side from buying a new computer or resetting this one to factory we are lost right now. Thought I would give you guys a shot before doing anything too drastic.

We can send from my old computer and software, he can send from 2 different laptos, so we have it narrowed down to my computer. We tried disabeling the Avast and the firewall and still nothing.

Definitely looks like a computer problem as everything else works on other computers.

Are the other computers that work using Cimco edit?

How many machines do you have?

If more than one, is it just the Haas that is the problem?

I have seen the exact issue were a customer replaced a computer and 2 Haas's would gives errors when receiving, but 12 other Haas's worked fine. (Everything worked fine with the older computer)

I tried 3 different com port cards that would work fine when install in other computers.

Maybe the computer has grounding/static issues.

RS232on the HAAS side, computer side a USB MOXA to a 9pin, to a RS232 Belkin switch box.

aren't usb to 9pin notorious for poor connectivity with the advent of manufactures not including DB9's on the mother board???????

there are other threads (possibly other forums) that with some googling you will find the USB device that works, i just dont remember.

We confirmed it's not anything to do with adapters or cables. It workes to a from with my 2 other machines and from the HAAS to my computer. It will not work ONLY sending to the HAAS. My settings are what Minion's pic is. We also have no issue using 2 other laptops. The problem is I would like to use this desktop computer.

I would look into the possibility of a ground loop.

Laptops are not connected to electrical grounds; desktops are.

Typically the pin one of your 25pin connector on HAAS machine is connected to the "drain" wire (The shielding on your serial cable).

This wire or shielding should not come into contact with the pin one or d shell on the computer end (This would create a ground loop where current could flow through the drain wire inducing garbage on the signal lines). Double check this!

Could simply be flakey serial port on mother board; just buy a PCIe serial port card and use that if all else fails.

Allan

"My settings are what Minion's pic is."

Just to clarify. Those are default settings on my home machine and do not match the Cimco or Haas settings at work. I was merely showing the locations in Windows. I don't use the com port on my home computer so I've never tweaked those settings. Look at the settings on the computer that does work and make the new computer match it. Also, your editor/transfer software have to match the comp as well. The Baud rate should be much higher than 9600.

It's not uncommon to add a com port adapter inserted into a PCI slot. The new last new computer we purchased was a turd and needed it. Something like this: (Alan already stated this)

http://www.amazon.co...ds=pci com port