Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Duravertical 5100 opinions

worked in many different shops many different machines, many different materials and the only crappy mori's I had to deal with were the ones that had the ph*** beat outa em and it took them many years to accomplish this. I do not consider all mori's top of the line but have yet to run one that I would consider bottom. they seam to do very well at delivering what you paid for them for a loooong time.

lol. well, I'm open to other options. The Mori guy had just gotten our account, and the machine certainly sounds great for the price. I'll look at pretty much any machine in a similar price and size range if people have good opinions of the machine and availability of support.

AICC is 40 block look ahead and AICC II (2) is 200 block look ahead.

Actually AICC can go up to 200 and AICC II can go up to 1,000 Block Look-Ahead. ;)

These are Fanuc functions which are turned on and off by different G codes depending on the machine tool builder.

But regardless of the builder the standard FANUC codes can still be used.

lol. well, I'm open to other options. The Mori guy had just gotten our account, and the machine certainly sounds great for the price. I'll look at pretty much any machine in a similar price and size range if people have good opinions of the machine and availability of support.

BEWARE OF THESE MACHINES!!! The reason this machine is such a smoking deal more than likely (I say that because I see it all the time) is because it isn't optioned for $#!+, 20 tools, 6 Work Offsets, 99 Tool Offsets, 150 + 50 MACRO Variables, 128k memory, etc... Better double check to make sure it has helical interpolation included and yes, I'm serious. I used to work for Mori I know how they work. In our area Ellison will blow out machines nobody bought for smoking prices, then once the options are added it's not such a deal anymore, but the sales guy has spend a $#!+load of money on the proverbial hookers and blow for your boss so now he feels obligated to do the deal.

Just sayin'

Guest MTB Technical Services

ok, so a couple of people think they're garbage because of the brand, everyone else seems to like them. Seems like some awfully mixed opinions.

For those that don't like it, what other 40x20" machines are out there that you do like for similar budgets?

Didn't say they were garbage.

I said to avoid anything that is labeled DMG/Mori. (Especially if it's a mill).

I'm just not a fan of any of the new DMG/Mori labeled models.

The quality simply isn't the same as Mori 2008 or earlier.

Doesn't mean you won't have good luck one if you do go with it.

You'll definitely get better bang for the buck with other builders.

If all you're looking for is a decent commodity VMC then look at OKUMA GENOS, DOOSAN, HARDINGE, FEELER or JOHNFORD.

I'd take any new DOOSAN over any of the DMG/Mori labeled mills made today.

If all you're looking for is a decent commodity VMC then look at OKUMA GENOS, DOOSAN, HARDINGE, FEELER or JOHNFORD.

I'd take any new DOOSAN over any of the DMG/Mori labeled mills made today.

Talking of Feeler, we just bought a TV510 with 15k spindle and alpha everything.

Don't stone me Foghorn - I know it's not a Robodrill but it 'does look good for the money'.

I've put that bit in quotes so it can be quoted back to me when I moan about it :hrhr:

Build quality (tinwork) looks strong and design of machine (rail sizes and pitch etc) is good.

Talking of Feeler, we just bought a TV510 with 15k spindle and alpha everything.

Don't stone me Foghorn - I know it's not a Robodrill but it 'does look good for the money'.

I've put that bit in quotes so it can be quoted back to me when I moan about it :hrhr:

Build quality (tinwork) looks strong and design of machine (rail sizes and pitch etc) is good.

They are not too bad for the money. I know of a half dozen VMC's in the field that are doing ok so far. Only been a couple of years though so time will tell at the 5 year mark. If it were my shillings though, I'd get a Hwacheon or Daewoo instead.

Space was the big problem - we're only a little Island here compared to you boys :D

I did look at upgrading the Robo's with a 15k spindle but that was real expensive, although this was my 1st choice.

Pity fanuc don't make a 15k anymore...24k is too fast for us.

Gotta think positive - I also placed a following 2x machine ITP over a max of 18 months on the proviso that the machine performs and so does the supplier.

We'll then swap out the Robos.

...the kitamura actually spec's out a little better then the dv5100.

Only a little???

I would not consider a Dura and a Kitamura even in the same class of machine tool honestly. Not to bash, but the Kitamura would eat that Dura for lunch. As would at least a few of the other machines mentioned.

Only a little???

I would not consider a Dura and a Kitamura even in the same class of machine tool honestly. Not to bash, but the Kitamura would eat that Dura for lunch. As would at least a few of the other machines mentioned.

I'm trying to make a comparison of as many machines as possible in the same size range, and preferably in a similar price range as well, and then get quotes on them all. Part of the problem I'm having is that most of the machine tool companies websites are terrible, which makes it tougher to get the information I want.

Actually AICC can go up to 200 and AICC II can go up to 1,000 Block Look-Ahead. ;)

But regardless of the builder the standard FANUC codes can still be used.

The machines we are talking about would have the Fanuc Oi-MD controller they can't do more 200 block ahead with AICC II

Cheers Dave

We have a 2012 Dura 5100. NOT DMG, all Fanuc/Mori. We have the DDRT 4th & tool setter with ours and It's been a Great machine! Zero complaints except we have the standard chip conveyor and do 80% Alum. Although a 12 or 15K spindle would be nicer to have. If you can still possibly get a Fanuc -Non DMG duravertical, you Will Not regret it! They come nicely optioned Standard!