Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 and 5 axis verification

mayday

question for you multi axis guru's

Im starting to get into these toolpaths.

Since Light works dosn't support 4,5axis in verify what is your recommendation's, short of dry run in the machine? backplot looks ok but wondering if there is somthing better out there.

Millman,sounds like you do this in your sleep tongue.gif

maybe I'm not drinking enough coffee?

NCI verification of 4 and 5 axis toolpaths

is not enough. If your tool planes are not described correctly, a tool path may backplot

and verify perfectly, but post on the other side of the planet.

The only safe way is to verify the posted gcode.

Vericut is best, but its expensive.

I use Predator VCNC. I run dual screens with Mastercam on one and Predator on the other.

Its a third the price of Vericut and you get a lifetime license. Maintenance is optional.

It works very well for me.

Cimco also has a verification product. I know

nothing about it, but I'm sure its a high quality product.

[ 10-09-2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Predator says they can do macros, but I've never tried it.

Verifying gcode requires a reverse post.

Developing them can be a lot of work.

Predator comes with a bunch of Rposts. Most 4X

machines can be run right out of the box. 5X

machines take some tweaking.

I'm guessing, but I think Vericut can probably

do Integrex. The cost would probably be about

the same as 2 full seats of Mastercam with solids. 5X Predator costs about half of a MC mill level 3 seat

[ 10-09-2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I own a copy of Predator.

We are not suppossed to discuss $$$

here, but I will say that Predator

costs about 1/3 the price of a new spindle tongue.gif

edit:

Parts- I just finished a titanium body panel

for the F-22. It started as a 14 by 24 by 1 1/4 in

plate bent like an ocean wave. It took about 3 months to design the fixtures and proram the part.

It runs on a 3 spindle 50 hp 5X gantry mill.

The first part was good and I could not have done that without Predator.

[ 10-09-2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Harry,

This current job will run on a Mazak Nexus 410,640 fushion control. they are helical shafts with a +/- .001 profile tolerance. kinda like mini blower shafts.

thats our smallest cnc our largest is a FPT area 140. that has 13' in Y and 48' in X with an indexing head

Hi,

I would like to correct some statements that have been made about VERICUT.

VERICUT uses a software License key that is permanent (no dongle). The maintenance is optional but highly recommended. It gives the user access to Technical Support and to all the latest releases of the software.

The strength of VERICUT is the simulation of the G-Codes. The machines and controls can be easily configured to reproduce exactly what is happening on your machine; travel limits, rapid axis priorities, sub-routines, probing, etc...

I am in charge of the partnership between Mastercam and CGTech. We are also partner with Mazak, Mitsui Seiki and other machine tool builders. We have simulated many Integrex models, 300Y, e410, e650, e1060. We can simulate, multi-axis (unlimited number of axes), milling, turning, mill-turn, die sinking, wire EDM.

You can consult our website for more information on VERICUT capabilities www.cgtech.com or I would be happy to any pertinent questions.

Serge Viau

Product Marketing

CGTech

9000 research Drive, Irvine, Ca, 92618

(949) 753-1050

www.cgtech.com

Sorry May^Day t obe coming into this so late was here 15 hours yesterday and had 40 hours xxxx of yesterday. As per my Salary I am workign free today Tommorrow and Satuerday again so that is about 40 hours I just took up the a??. Never mind that.

I ask with this machine you are still going If you are then you also might want to look at the Rooldie dicussed about 3 weeks ago. I will dig thru this computer at work but think I have the examples I got from sorry but cant rememeber who and send them your way. I will also say if you are doing thses parts the way I think you are you will want to stay as much away from solids as possible. I can here the masses screaming now me MR solids fan say dont but yes stay away from soilds use only surfaces as your drive and make copies and put the on seperate layers and call that layer check surface and dont mess with them. I think you will see it is a little work but will pay dividens in the long run.

Verification here is the most important. I was never lucky enough to show the people I have worked for this is the right way to go about it but I promise you it is even if it does cost $5000 dollars for the software. I can tell you this Imagine putting about 20 or 30 hours in a part and be almost finish and then bammmmmmmmmmm.

There is not 20 or 30 hours gone there is 40 or 60 cause you not only lost yout intinal time but you also have lost that time getting back to where you were. If you go by our very low give the work away rate of $50.00 and hour that one problem just cost you $6000 this more than pays for having the right program in there doing what it suppose to. I have soemthing I am trying figure out right now I have lost about 10 hours with the thing going right through a part in the middle of an operation doing a complete 4th axis part.

Well May^Day I am now jealous you got soemthing that will atleast move the head I dont. J/K hey I got these part that are 42" long by 20" in Diameter finishing at a .09 wall thinkness that need the outside a Class 2 Type 2 finish for andoization. You machine is the only way to fly and was wondering if you want 40 pcs to do. Oh yeah here the kicker you have got to do them for $500 a piece well cause that is what the owner thought it would take didnt thin khe needed to ask me about it.

Ok I will shut up. Bad millman Bad Millman are you crazy or soemthing. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Who me?

Crazzzzzzzzy Millman just smiles and sings his favorite song

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Joy Happy Happy HAppy Happy Happy Happy I promise about 10 verse of this you fell all better. lolol

Serge,

If I have posted incorrect info, I will

edit the post where I made that statement.

My current employeer has a seat of Vericut

that no longer fuctions. I was told that was

because our maintenance contracts had expired. That's probably all that should be said on a public forum. Please accept my apoligies.