Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 OPS manager full size - how to minimize?

Newbeeee™

Hi all,

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP (please :D)

Running X7 and had it open and was playing with active reports.

So I stretched a box in active reports so when I ran it, the part description would fit in the 1x line.

I saved it and alt/tabbed back to X7 and the OPS manager is full width ie no graphics area???

WTF thinks me!

I can verify ok.

I can backplot (old style) ok, and ALT-O and the ops manager disappears and reappears.

Trouble is, when it appears it is full screen still...

X5 had the little icon to the top right which would allow closing down and, where X7 hasn't got it (or if it did, it's not there now).

I've restarted and it's still full screen.

What can I do to sort this?

Thanks

So I reproduced your problem :D

To fix it I made the main Mastercam window small-ish and then dragged it so the left hand side of the window was out of sight (off the left side of the screen). Then I dragged the right hand edge of the window to the right side of the screen. I moved the whole window to the left and repeated the widening of the right side. After the second time, the ops manager hit some sort of width limit and I could then grab the edge and resize it. Sorted :)

Rich,

Thanks for your help and I did what you did and no luck. What's the score with tech support - does it include 'home help' :D

I reckon if you get on that bike of yours and head south, you'll be here in an hour. The kettle will be on you know...

I have the following:-

Capture 1 is what happened (big screen).

Capture 2 is what I can get by undocking the ops manager - I can re-size this up down small or big.

Capture 3 is the ops manager placed *near* where it should be. If I move it so it docks, then it goes big again.

Double clicking it brings it back to as per Capture 3, but as you can see it's next to useless because it covers the writing at the bottom of the screen.

I am now dying of frustration...

post-16211-0-25592900-1392718571_thumb.jpg

post-16211-0-19589800-1392718579_thumb.jpg

post-16211-0-01113400-1392718586_thumb.jpg

Ahh, sorry well I've been playing some more and it looks like I was only able to drag the Mastercam screen right as far as I did because I have two monitors connected (ie the laptop screen and one other screen).

Secondly this is what I meant by initially dragging the Mastercam screen so the left hand edge is out of sight..

post-2602-0-52225500-1392719942_thumb.png

This is what I got when i dragged the Mastercam window as far right as I could. I got a "resize" icon when I got the mouse close to the side of the ops manager and I was able to resize it again. But also it does seem a bit less repeatable than I first thought... a couple of attempts didn;t work and I had to restart Mastercam and try again.

I'm not on the bike today I'm afraid.. far too wet out there!

post-2602-0-63815900-1392720329_thumb.png

Thanks Rich - you must be getting old - fair weather biker you - Did you take the Ferrari today then :hrhr:

If I move mcam to the left and have ops manager visual (as in alt-o), as soon as I grab the right side of the mastercam screen to stretch it, the ops manager disappears (as in alt-o). If I stretch as far as I can (not as young as I used to be :D) with ops manager filling the graphics area, there is no resize button.

I'll have a go at connecting to another screen.

Thanks for trying.

Something's screwed me thinks.

I deleted the config file and re-booted but this didn't work.

I played and played with it re-sizing and generally mucking about and have drawn a blank.

I'll try and connect a 2nd monitor but???

Is there a DLL or something for the OPS manager I can delete or re-install or something?

I really really really really really do not want to re-install.

Rich - if no-one from CNC answers this can you please chase up from your end?

Thanks

I do not think so those stay with the config file that is text based, these are where all the windows and other things sit and come into play inside the graphics window. Settings that are controlled to look to an external file like mcamx.config control the things they control, but the placement in the graphics window of the dialogs and such go back the registry and for Mastercam that control is in that folder. Dig around I looked for the control for the operations manager, but did see it. You can always save the key before deleting it and if you do not like just reload it.

Ron /Rich,

You are my hero's for the day. In fact I may make a badge up and wear it with pride!

Regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>CNC Software Inc>Mastercam X7>GUI>MCDOCKSTATE_OPMAN_BAR

That's the key to delete (MCDOCSTATE_OPMAN_BAR)

Re-boot mastercam and life is sweet again.

:cheers:

• 5 months later...

I've had this happen to me several times now. I guess I'm lucky that I have three monitors, so I can just extend the mastercam window all the way to the right to grab op manager and resize it. I've tried replicating the problem but no success.

I was looking at a tool list through the set-up sheet viewer while searching online for tool numbers. I went to close the mcx file to open another and fwooop! it went super stretch.