Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath examples

brandon b

Well I started this idea in crazys thread and I don't wanna hijack it. Sorry Ron...

Anyways , I'm thinking that we could create a library of different ways we all use specific toolpaths. For example, have folders on the FTP site for each toolpath. Then we can upload files of a neat way we may have manipulated, used or just a few basic examples of where to use that toolpath.

Everyone uses every toolpath a little bit differently. Im always amazed at the different ways you guys are using toolpaths that I've never thought of.

It would be nice if could upload a description with the file...

• Like 1

So how do we go about making folders? Should we use the FTP site? Or is there someway else to do it ?

If you use the FTP, which I think is a great idea, perhaps you should let Jay (cadcam) set that up since he maintains it.

Great idea, brandon! :unworthy:

Ok. So does creating folders for each toolpath sound good? I keep thinking I want it organized otherwise it turns into a big list of random file names and hard to navigate thru.. I don't wanna create too much work for you... So let me know if something else is easier for you... Thanks

That is allot of folders if you are talking about for example breaking the HST option up to every toolpath options. If you want it this way creat the list of folders how you want to see them and email it to me so I do not have to hunt them down. Are we looking at for all the option EX, Lathe ,Mill , Router , Wire and mill turn and so on?

That would be allot still for someone to look thru. what do you want to call the main folder?

are these folders going to contain files from X5 and up for I help another shop with pathing from time to time and they are still on version X5 with the latest MU's and SP's not sure what versions exactly. But I think they could benefit greatly from some of these sample/example files as long as they can open them in their version. Just curious. thanks for the continued great work and contributions to this forum on everyone's part.