Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazatrol language

prosoft

What i would like to know is.....

Can Mastercam output in Mazatrol language other than G code using a chook or an addon software?

I was told Mazatrol language programming is 50% faster than gcode programming.

Am i right?

if yes could you please give me the details of the software that can do that?

Thanks

yes, go to bottom of page.There is a link to Camaix.com,they have a c-hook that outputs in Mazak language. We have it and it has its place. Is it faster than MC? depends on what you're doing. in a nutshell no its not faster. plus n mazatrol your locked into there way of programming. In MC you have the gift of G-code. any whichway you want. The mazak control will eat Fanuc based code as good as any machine. just to make you aware,I think there is an agreement issue going on with Mazak and Camaix.last I looked Camaix removed there Mazak demo pst from there web site frown.gif

The question sounds like you want to do offline geometry based programming (CAM required) and are wondering whether to post the results in Mazatrol code or G code. Is this correct?

I think that once you have delt with the geometry and Mastercam operations parameters, you may as well post into G code. If you post into Mazatrol, you subject yourself to an additional layer of parameters in the control and are limited by Mazatrol routines. G code tool paths are pretty unlimited.

Mazatrol's strength is the ability to get the machine running quickly from a dimentioned print without having to screw around with geometry. If you have a fully dimentioned print with simple features in your hand, Mazatrol will be faster to get an operable program running, but you must be programming straight into the control or a Mazatrol editor, not into MC first then into posted Mazatrol. Especially if to go the CAM route you need create the geometry from a print rather than reading in a file.

An attempt to address the original question.

Some members’ among us are rather proficient in Mazatrol, Mastercam, and many other programming methods.

To say that one is faster or better than another is mugs game at best.

Nothing is faster than raw Gcode programming - Mazatrol is nothing more than macros with a unique programming and graphical interface, there is a timing process that takes place hence the blink of an eye hindrance or handcuffing while the logic and macros crunch the mathematics. I must say that Mazatrol is the first control that I have run that remains conversational throughout as opposed to running a conversion routine at the control. As Mayday mentioned, Mazaks eat Gcode as well as any Fanuc compatible machine out there.

Mastercam is nothing more than a unique graphical interface that outputs Gcode as well - of course I consider this software to be a very good solution to my programming needs and a fine fit to my abilities and expertise.

In all honesty, Mazatrol has already peaked in its complexity. Minor things like tornado milling, peck tapping, etc! are the small differences between 1979 and 2003 - yes I know there are many a naysayer regarding 5 axis machining but nothing that I can say here will change anybodies opinion anyways. smile.gif

Mazatrol is designed for programming a workpiece in the simplest mindset where lines are looked at as right, left, or center; holes are looked at as holes - some have threads, counter bores, reamed, some through, some blind, etc!

At this exact moment in time the Mastercam is idle, the Mazak & Mazatrol are idle, no machine is producing a workpiece; therefore I consider both methods to be equally and totally non productive. What I'm getting at here is the fact that it's the programmer/operator that does the real work and that though his attitude, aptitude, and experience that hopefully, the employer gains the finished goods in a reasonable amount of time.

Personally, I wouldn't spend my time with Camaix (I completely and fully respect the developer and the immense amount of work required to market this product), Again I am proficient in both hence I don't believe that I am the target audience/customer for this product.

Mastercam has a solid 2D interface/functionality but where Mastercam shines in the 3D or surfacing arena, actually it's where all the competitors shine. Solid modeling has replaced Acad as the industry standard for drawing development (why do I leave myself open like this for the imminent slanderous backlash?) biggrin.gif .

Mazatrol has a complex 3D surfacing software available since the M2 control package as well; it's just that nobody ever uses it except perhaps than man that wrote the routines. Live tooling on their lathes was fun in the 1980s as I'm sure the Integrex and Variaxis looks like today’s unending challenge.

Sorry for the rant, Regards, Jack

[ 10-22-2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]