Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stock model won't delete

Jaz

I have a good part file and did a "save as" to simplify programming some of it's fixtures. Then I deleted all the operations including a stock model operation. BUT the stock model is still there, blanked. How do I get rid of it?

(I am using X7 MU2)

When you say blanked - do you mean that if you press Screen/Un-blank Entity, then the stock model appears in the temporary display?  If you don't mean that, I do not understand what you mean by blanked, sorry.

But you could check into the Operations manager, Stock Setup and check to see if the stock shape option is set to File.

Or you could try pressing the "stick of dynamite" button in the ops manager to see if that gets rid of it.

If you press Screen/Un-blank Entity, then the stock model appears in the temporary display.

Like all stock models, it is not on a level, they show as blanked whenever you toggle display off in the operations manager.

Like all stock models, it is not on a level

try an experiment

open a new file with an empty Level Manager

create a stock model from an STL file

look at your Level Manager.. you will have 1 entity on whichever Level was active when you created the Stock Model

now right click that Level and hit Delete

You will get an associativity yell, click yes.. the Level is empty and the stock model goes dirty

If I delete everything in the file, all levels show empty and no operations are left.

Stock model is still there, blanked.

seen this before, in-house hadn't seen it before at the time so a solution was not found

and starting a new file would have been the only way to rid of it

the stock model didn't affect my file so I left it and carried on.

:)

I have had this in the past. My remedy was to turn on just that level, unblank, ALL, All enities, hit the green button. nothing would appear on the screen. I then hit delete,ALL, All enities, hit the green button. The entity count would then go to zero. But I have to save the file and restart MC to get the rest of the entities to show up.