Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Proper way to set WCS

AMTMFG

I didn't really pay attention to the second sentence.

I was mostly just concerned about the "true wcs" thing. I passionately hate the wcs/plane system in MC. The whole system is designed to work best with only one wcs, and I was worried this was going to be more support for that.

I didn't really pay attention to the second sentence.

I was mostly just concerned about the "true wcs" thing. I passionately hate the wcs/plane system in MC. The whole system is designed to work best with only one wcs, and I was worried this was going to be more support for that.

How's your machine work with multiple Home positions?

I use Mcam's World Coordinate System as the home position, then work around the part with toolplanes.

Toolplanes are really not that much different than work offset positions in the machine, you're setting an origin for the part, defining the X/Y orientation, forcing a work offset value,..

• 1 month later...

You guy's are all way ahead of me .But I love the video because it finally shows me how to move that Dang stock to the part. When I receive a file from the engineers(several of them) each one has the origin in a different location here because it doesn't concern them. So when I use dynamic and move it where I can work with it ,I could never verify with the correct stock. 99% of the work I do here is top dead center.

So it always has to be moved or flipped because their origin is mostly in the center of the part or somewhere out in space. Thanks JP I'm still confused on the different levels needed or Planes but I keep watching it over and over to get it in my head.Just to help you understand my mental issue it took me forever back in the 70's to figure out where in the hell that extra .050 stock came from on the face of my part. Duh!!

John, can I have that model. I would like to do a video to using it. and go about how I may use it the system for this just giving another view.

Jay, I did email that to you yesterday

Did hear back so I'm not sure if you received it or not.