Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x8 dirty operations

GS

Mr. Morton, 

When creating a post here, click "More reply options" just to the right of the "post" button. 

You will then see an option below where you are typing your post to upload a file. 

But, you should really send the file into [email protected]

If there is a bug, we need to see it.....

P.S. Not sure if you are aware, but CNC has a forum that is much more often visited by Mastercam employees than this one....

http://forum.mastercam.com/Forum11.aspx

So here is what I see in this file.  If I edit the WCS settings within the toolpath parameters there are no issues and the WCS settings are set correctly, I mean WCS is set as "TOP-1" and Toolpane and Cplane match.  However if I right click on the same toolpath and use the Edit common parameters to make the change everything goes haywire just like you said.  Also for some reason the WCS settings look different, the Tplane is set as expected but for some reason the Cplane is set the same as the WCS.

This file wouldn't happen to have been from a previous version would it?

Regarding 42 planes.

Are these planes WCS planes or you count construction/tool planes too?

The way we work here, one WCS is one operation on the machine.

It is hard to believe a part needs to be moved 42 times to be completed.

Or I am missing something here.

Thank you.

I will explain this since you seem to think I have some good reason to lie to you. This was for all the tooling for all the different operations. Part was moved from one machine I was originally hired to program it for to another machine. Half was through the prove process it had to be moved to a completely different shop. I had many different things that had to be made and everything contained in the one Mastercam file. Fixtures for the different machines, the operations to machine those components on 5 different machines along with custom made tooling. I had well over 500 levels in this file and used well over 70 tools.

Sorry you run into issues and problems and like I said in another thread believe it not we have as much at stake for things to be correct and do what they should in software as you do. I work my butt off for my customers and use the tools I have to help our companies customers make money. I have my share of issues I have brought to the attention of QC. Attacking others and calling others in to doubt on this board who are trying to help accomplishes nothing and to be honest make me hate even coming here sometimes. We all have things we need to get done and all have stresses of the job to deal with so remember that when you think we are trying to put lipstick on a pig. Mastercam is a tool to get the job done and I use that tool to the best of my abilities and thankful to have a CAM System to program with since I did it the Pencil and Paper method for close to a decade. Trust me anything is better for the work I do than sitting down and writing out each line of code line by line by line by line sometimes making 30,000 lines of code by hand(typing on a computer) it what I use to do. Feel free to call that into doubt as well those programs could take upwards of 120 hours to make.

Like I said in the other thread I am just trying to help and hope people will see I am not a big arse hole. :) :) :) :) Have a great weekend.

I will explain this since you seem to think I have some good reason to lie to you. This was for all the tooling for all the different operations. Part was moved from one machine I was originally hired to program it for to another machine. Half was through the prove process it had to be moved to a completely different shop. I had many different things that had to be made and everything contained in the one Mastercam file. Fixtures for the different machines, the operations to machine those components on 5 different machines along with custom made tooling. I had well over 500 levels in this file and used well over 70 tools.

Sorry you run into issues and problems and like I said in another thread believe it not we have as much at stake for things to be correct and do what they should in software as you do. I work my butt off for my customers and use the tools I have to help our companies customers make money. I have my share of issues I have brought to the attention of QC. Attacking others and calling others in to doubt on this board who are trying to help accomplishes nothing and to be honest make me hate even coming here sometimes. We all have things we need to get done and all have stresses of the job to deal with so remember that when you think we are trying to put lipstick on a pig. Mastercam is a tool to get the job done and I use that tool to the best of my abilities and thankful to have a CAM System to program with since I did it the Pencil and Paper method for close to a decade. Trust me anything is better for the work I do than sitting down and writing out each line of code line by line by line by line sometimes making 30,000 lines of code by hand(typing on a computer) it what I use to do. Feel free to call that into doubt as well those programs could take upwards of 120 hours to make.

Like I said in the other thread I am just trying to help and hope people will see I am not a big arse hole. :) :) :) :) Have a great weekend.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this, though I don't understand your offended tone.

I believe is reasonable to doubt that a single part needs to be moved 42 times to be completed, it would have been enough to state that this was a file with a lot of components. Majority of people we try to hire here never use WCS or very little, so I was trying to make sure we talk about WCS and not tool/ construction planes.

"Attacking others and calling others in to doubt"

Again, I was trying to make sure I understand how you work, no intention of attack.

Having a problem that others don't have doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. We all use the software in different ways.

Proof is here that some people have the same problem.

I think is offensive when you have a PROBLEM and somebody doesn't even take the time to read your post carefully and calls it right away a "problem".

Just by saying "Look it doesn't happen here", which is almost like "see you don't know what you doing" doesn't resolve the issue.

I downloaded this file and tried a few times was ok.

After a few more trials it happened again. And this is a small file.

My files are much larger and this is still a problem.

Have a good day

Do you understand that WCS/Planes can and often ARE used interchangeably?

A WCS can be used as a plane and Plane can be used as a WCS....There is no functional difference besides how it is used.

People, including myself would like to help you if there is something that any of us can do, you however have not and cannot provide an example that does replicate what you are seeing......it is otherwise impossible to help with a problem we can neither see or recreate.

Short of that, if you have a file that you can recreate this issue on and cannot publicly share it , send it into [email protected], if it turns out it is too big to email, they do have an FTP that you can upload it to as well.

They will work with you to solve problems but they have to know about them and be able to see how they happen.

That is for top plane only, a WCS can be used as a top plane only.

On a horizontal boring mill you can't use WCS as a tool/construction plane.

The file uploaded is a perfect example for my problem too.

Thank you for trying to help.

This will be addressed to QC.

Well that's the obvious reason that you are getting different results wouldn't you say?

Obvious? No, there's no guarantee AT ALL that this even starts to address whatever issue you're seeing....that's why getting something that CNC can repeat is vital.

Guys running the same version as you are not seeing the issue either

How do I get that version?  Programming with the version I am using is like swimming in tar.

Contact QC & your reseller and see about becoming a "Beta" site......all of that runs through QC & Reseller