Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Circle Mill

Hertz

Doesn't for me. See attached pics. That is what I have set. As you can see finishing is off. It goes around as a circle and then finishes in the center which is fine, but then it takes off again and does a spring pass. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUN2OICTqik&feature=youtu.be

The depth on both cuts is the same.

Is this what the "normal" is for this toolpath?

post-49390-0-05173600-1418921852_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-38579800-1418921862_thumb.jpg

Doesn't for me. See attached pics. That is what I have set. As you can see finishing is off. It goes around as a circle and then finishes in the center which is fine, but then it takes off again and does a spring pass. See video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUN2OICTqik&feature=youtu.be

The depth on both cuts is the same.

Is this what the "normal" is for this toolpath?

If you do what you have it should work as I got it to work here like you wanted. I used no material for the leave and set it like you have it and got a move to center of the hole rapid down then move to cut the circle and then back to center of the hole then rapid back out of the hole. Could do what you are after using 2D contour or Circle Mill Helix and use Feed Plane, Retract and Feed Plane all set to Zero is using Incremental or the same number is using Absolute, but Circle Mill will do what you want when setup the correct way,

Here I threw this file together to show you 3 different ways to approach this process.

HTH

Edited by 5th Axis Consulting

Ok so its something on my end then. As you can see in the video, it goes around twice. I'll have to see what is causing that. I realize there are other ways to do it but I'd like to be able to for once use the option as its intended instead of always finding a work around, know what I mean?

To Rob, I did try unchecking the lead in/out but it ends up not leading out. The only reason it leads in is because the start in center is selected.

EDIT. Just opened your file 5th and noticed you are set different on the transition sweep angle. Mine was at 90, you are at 0. THIS is what was causing my tool to go around twice. At 0 it doesn't do it. So I guess I answered myself. :p

Thanks for your file. That helped me figure it out.

Ok so its something on my end then. As you can see in the video, it goes around twice. I'll have to see what is causing that. I realize there are other ways to do it but I'd like to be able to for once use the option as its intended instead of always finding a work around, know what I mean?

To Rob, I did try unchecking the lead in/out but it ends up not leading out. The only reason it leads in is because the start in center is selected.

EDIT. Just opened your file 5th and noticed you are set different on the transition sweep angle. Mine was at 90, you are at 0. THIS is what was causing my tool to go around twice. At 0 it doesn't do it. So I guess I answered myself. :p

Thanks for your file. That helped me figure it out.

No problem where a picture is worth a 1000 words. :turned: