Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Undercut Help Needed - MX7

NunoFelix79

Okay I see your 2 problems here. Looking at operations #19 to #33

#1 You need to set a direction on the Surface Finish Parameters tab. Here you will use this to be like a lead in and lead out to the surface machining operations you have created.

#2 you need to go to your Gap Settings in the Finish Flow Line Parameters and turn off the Check gap motion for gouge and the Check Retract motion for gouge and your toolpaths should run just fine.

Have a great day.

No, that's fine I appreciate the information. I didn't mean to come across rude or anything like that, if I did I apologize.

Nope I am just to the point type of person so right back at you if I came across rude I am just trying to help is all. You did what was needed which was give us a way to help you with a file. I could now be on the same page as you and hopefully I have pointed you in the right direction.

BTW Cool looking part!!! I miss making molds sometimes then other times I don't.

Thanks for the input. I will try that. Right now i'm trying the Surface Finish Contour.

To bad you cant just blend the whole thing.

Do you mean everything or just the main body area of the cavity? I think you do so easiest way would be to use the Solid Remove to remove all the features you do not need in there. Make sure you are using a copy of the Solid to do this with. Now you will have the body by itself. Then you should be able to toolpath it. Trying to do it with all the features would not be the best way. Reduce it back down to basics and then toolpath the basic shape.

HTH(Hope that Helps)

• Like 1

Looking that not sure you would want to do the whole shape with blend, but if you wanted to here is what will do it. I did what I said above. I also used a .05 step over change it to the step over you want for the finish you are looking for. If I wanted a bench free finish and good shut off I would probably do a .001 to .0012 step over and would extend my surface above my shut off line maybe .005 or .01 to make sure I get a nice crisp edge.

Edited by 5th Axis Consulting

Nuno,

If you're still at the last place I remember in Salem, you may have to get with Steve Biehl on that, as I recall he did something to how your post handles transforms and may affect your final output.