Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 Combine views confirmation popup

Thad

Shows up here...

2015-03-13_7-09-44_zps2aqrgmqk.png

You sure there were any arcs that needed to be moved?

Try this...Bottom WCS PLanes Top Draw a couple of arcs

WCS Top Planes Top then try combine

Still no popup. Prior to combine views they analyze in different views and after they analyze in the same view...so I know the feature works, but I get no popup. I guess I'm OK with that, though something isn't quite right.

Good call, Ron, but that's not it.

I would kill it with A Form Filler anyway, but funny enough, that's what caught my eye. In X6 I would see the window flash and disappear. Not seeing it flash is what caught my attention. :)   I disabled AFF when I did my test this morning.

As Rick said, It could be a video driver issue. I was going to update my driver back when I was having cursor issues a few weeks back. The cursor issue mysteriously disappeared and some hot jobs came along so the priority level of updating went down.

Good call, Ron, but that's not it.

In  X6 I would see the window flash and disappear. Not seeing it flash is what caught my attention. :)   I disabled AFF when I did my test this morning.

As Rick said, It could be a video driver issue. I was going to update my driver back when I was having cursor issues a few weeks back. The cursor issue mysteriously disappeared and some hot jobs came along so the priority level of updating went down.

Still getting the disappearing window flash(in X7, sometimes enter brings it up other wise executing

the (creat flat surface for example) again brings the widow back??? But re executing using the

MRU function does not work. head scratcher for sure??(only puill down menu or

right click menu.

I keep thinking it is a window update thing from about 3 weeks ago

once I update my driver again last week it was fine till yesterday, after a 26 'windows update' performed....

Not to take this off topic but whats the purpose of the combine views button? I just tested it and it did work but its not a function i have ever used so i am wondering what the reason would be to use a function like that? i just dont grasp why it would matter if the arc was created in bottom or top plane?

Not to take this off topic but whats the purpose of the combine views button? I just tested it and it did work but its not a function i have ever used so i am wondering what the reason would be to use a function like that? i just dont grasp why it would matter if the arc was created in bottom or top plane?

As I remember it was explained

It is used to bring arcs that are created in another view that is parallel to the TOP into the Top view, this is typically something that can happen in imported data but as the test above shows it can happen in Mastercam as well

If you've ever chained arcs that are in different planes, you can see the different reactions to the arcs

As I remember it was explained

It is used to bring arcs that are created in another view that is parallel to the TOP into the Top view, this is typically something that can happen in imported data but as the test above shows it can happen in Mastercam as well

If you've ever chained arcs that are in different planes, you can see the different reactions to the arcs

Hmm that's interesting, thanks for the info

Thad,

You are correct...the button does not put a popup...it does do the deed but no popup

The menu drop down does however trigger the popup as you have noted

Functions the same way in X9 too