Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machining Cloud

gcode

They were talking about Maching Cloud at Vericut VUE this week so I decided to check it out

A little looking around and I found this

http://www.machiningcloud.com/_files/Machining_Cloud_Press_Release_Mastercam_Final.pdf

http://www.machiningcloud.com/index.aspx

Has anyone here downloaded the app yet??

I plan to check it out this weekend

• Like 1

I'm not really digging all this cloud based crap any way. Sounds like a good way to have confidential customer solid models and drafts stolen or corrupted. I don't even like the "free" cloud based back ups. All I hear is "Hey, upload all your stuff to our backup so you don't have a clue who all is looking at your files. All of our employees at totally honest and trustworthy and would never use anything of yours at all."

I guess I'm a little paranoid but anything online is fair game to the person willing to find it. I guess especially for me where everything is done locally I just don't have a need for it and assume most, note I said most, other shops wouldn't either. Seems like a waste of development funds that should be spent on requested improvements.

Just because "online" is available doesn't mean it is necessary.

I'll step off my soap box now.

yea I got two letters in the mail this week saying my info may have been compromised from Anthem Insurance this week and I haven't had that insurance for long time but there excuse was they keep peoples info for 10 yrs for some odd reason, so now they are offering me free credit monitoring protection. As for the cloud machining yea its sounds all nice but if you have anything proprietary which most things we as machinists make is then probably not a good idea to be putting it out on the net where its even easier to get when people can get to it right in your own business if they try hard enough. mixed thoughts on this as this technology evolves.

Ok cloud is bad.

But would you like an ability to compare your speeds and feeds, for example or machining techniques with hundreds of other machinists?

I am working right now on something like it.

So i need feedback:

Would you consider using this system at all?

Would it make you more inclined to use it if you could choose what to share?

Would you pay to be able to access this system, but not share your own data at all?

Think about it ;)

I wouldn't be interested in having to sort thru all the bogus speed & feeds but if you are proposing some way of recording valid analyzed data this may possibly interest me. pay for it hmmm?

I don't want to disclose too much, but i am trying to make it sift through garbage and output results that other people suxessfully use in similar (machine hp/size, material,cutter type,size,etc.)circumstance.

Unlike "Machining Cloud" thing it will not be based on manufacturer suggestions, but on real-world data.

It is still a couple of months away, though.

I have found that if you find quality reps from the manufacturers (usually development engineers) you can get a ton of free info on surface footage and chip loads used on various material types. I mean what better way to advertise your product bring it in on a test (GTO) run it  buy it if you like it. I do this when ever possible and as often as possible.

• Like 1

I've played around with the Sandvik Coromant Adveon app and its integration with TopSolid. It was really good just pulling together tool assemblies within the CAM app. Works really well.

I've been told that CGTech are working to interface with Adveon which will be good. Hopefully I will find out more when I am there next month :)