Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O.T.deer hunting

Camdude®

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. guys I guess I wont have any new shots from this year as I only have one more weekend to hunt so I have put up two pics from a northern moose/caroboo hunt from two years ago.

We fly into a small lake 40 miles from the nearest road and build a shelter for the 9 day hunt. All hunting is done on foot or in the 10' zodiac inflatable. Grizzlies live in the valley but so far we have been lucky to not have any encounters with them. We can spot mountain goats (on the mountains in the background) from camp and then choose which mountain to climb to go on for a goat.

This cariboo was shot from about 300 yards. Sorry for the blood in the pic, I usually try to cover it up for a photo but I guess I was a bit excited.

LinkPhoto?GUID=5fde7a39-c516-7991-7b81-4a1cbfbd6e18&size=lg

Notice in the background at the bottom of the gulley. I am pointing to another cariboo. This was a friend of the one I shot and we called it into within about 40 yards before we stood up and scared it off. It's antlers were not quite big enough to make it legal to shoot.

LinkPhoto?GUID=34156494-29ca-62f8-2f8e-46312ca538c5&size=lg

Phil

Here is my buck taken opening morning up in the UP around Newberry. This is an 8 point with a 10 1/2 in spred. Shot him with my 7mm Mag. Not a big buck but it is the biggest I have ever shot biggrin.gif This one will be on the wall. My wife has already made some great jerky out of him. yum yum.

Here is the pic's

loubuck.jpg

loubuck2.jpg