Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread mill 3 start thread

DavidB

How do I thread mill a 3 start thread using the thread mill toolpath?

The only way I see is to create 3 different toolpaths with starting angles at 0, 120 and 240.

Be nice if we could pick a dialog box for number of starts like Lathe.

Cheers

The only way I see is to create 3 different toolpaths with starting angles at 0, 120 and 240.

`````````````````````````````````

I wouid make 3 diff toolpathes with 3 diff starting heights(every height diffs from the  next by pitch\3)

HTH

I make 1 contour toolpath on 3 different helix's with 3 different start angles.

I wouid make 3 diff toolpathes with 3 diff starting heights(every height diffs from the  next by pitch\3)

Not Pitch but Lead!

M50 X 2mm pitch 3 start thread. Lead is 6mm. So I did 3 Thread mill tool paths starting at Z0, 2 and Z4 with 6mm pitch

Contour will work when you convert it to ramp. Then set the amount to be your pitch. Then like guitar said you could use 3 start angles or you could take the circle and break it into 3 places at 120 degree increments. Remember that your pitch will increase by the number of leads. So the Pitch will increase to 6mm on each lead like you already said and you should be good to go keeping everything at the same Z depth verse what you did here.

HTH