Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is this a glitch?

Radical1

I don't know if this is a glitch or some kind of setting problem. I found this issue while teaching this week. I made a 5.0" circle representing a BCD and a 3/8" circle to represent the drilled hole, Xform rotate 15 copies. I then picked the default machine and selected a drill toolpath. I used "mask on arc" to select the hole dia. and followed the instructions as per usual. the mask on arc only selects 14 of the 16 holes...every time I tried it, it missed the same 2 holes even the next day and since. This never happened in earlier versions of M/C. Tell me what you think.

I am attaching a screenshot of my picking results.

post-32709-0-56580700-1440543170_thumb.jpg

Richard

This never happened in earlier versions of M/C. Tell me what you think.

Actually, this has been going on as far back as V7 (Not X7) that I know of. As mentioned, combine views will fix your problem.

Just for grins, analyze the two holes that don't get selected and you'll see that they reside in a different view than the other 14 holes.

Wow, I don't think I ever saw this before but I have been wrong once before! Just one (more) question, what is a view in M/C and how is it set, or can I set it?

I did show the students how to create a bolt circle but I also like to get them to use rotate, the lesson was to make two pieces of geo. at different z depths then rotate them for a toolpath, bolt circle is of course very useful but it does not put points and circles on different z depths.

Thanks for the info.

Richard

(what is a view in M/C and how is it set) if I change the word View to Plane would you understand then? what the thought is the are is not being read in the top plane but lets use and example plane of front. so when you use the option you did, it is look for all matching arcs that lay in that plane with in a tolerance default off .001 of the dia.

Thanks for the explanation Jay and everyone else. It seems kind of messed up as to why this would happen and always with the same two circles. I have to echo the sentiments of Myth Project though...why has this not been looked at? But at least I know the solution to the problem. Can't have the teacher not knowing what is going on.

• Like 1