Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to update the control definition file perminately?

civiceg

I save my control definitions by going into the machine definition, then control definition, modify and click the save icon. This saves my changes for me. But if someone else uses my corresponding post, machine definition, and control definition, the changes I made in the control definition are not saved. Same goes for updating versions of Mastercam.

Depends of where you keep your post and definitions  and where your partner keeps them,

the simple way to do this copy your updated files to the place your partner uses them.

The default place is ..\shared mcamx*\mill and ..\shared mcamx*\CNC machines and it can be local place or on network

HTH

How are you doing Collin -long time no see

It wouldn`t help if one of them use one computer and other one another,

Like we are doing here using network for keeping mc files and keeping all  

user depended files locally every one on his own  computer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By saving your settings to the DEFAULTS, you can place your Post in any folder location, and the settings will always remain the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Yeah I know .

But what definitions and post will use every user in my case ?

Those that he keeps in his default place and it is not the same

You can have only one set of files on network but I would never trust that someone has not changed something by mistake

I make changes than propogate them on the places of other guys who have MC.

We are small shop and it is the best way for me

I did "pull" them from the server, at one time. But, the server would go down quite often and weird things would happen. We all use the same posts, but if I make a new file for a new machine, I have to go around and make sure the control definitions are changed on the other users computers. Not a huge deal since its only 4 or so things that  need to be changed, just a PITA when we move to a new version.

I was just saying that we don't have multiple post using the same control definitions.