Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plumbing a horizontal

I think the key here is the rotary union has a smaller office and therefore creates a restriction.

This makes sense now. Pressure and flow are proportional. If your pump is pulling more flow than the rotary union can flow then you will see a vacuum on the pump side. That pump side pressure may still be higher than the pressure at the fixture if it allows a leak at the fixture. In this case separate fixture side pressure switches would work. I know Enerpac makes wireless pressure switches for air/hydraulic systems. Maybe they have something that could be adapted to vacuum.

those running vacuum plates , how big of part are you holding and how many per fixture load ?? we tried a vacuum set-up for one of our jobs on our Robodrill , the end results where not very positive , after several weeks of testing and such .

In the end we bought 3 CHIC double vices and have not looked back . Feel bad for the boss he spent a decent amount of $$$ buying the vacuum set-up and several fixture plates only to have it end up gathering dust on the shelf .

those running vacuum plates , how big of part are you holding and how many per fixture load ?? we tried a vacuum set-up for one of our jobs on our Robodrill , the end results where not very positive , after several weeks of testing and such .

In the end we bought 3 CHIC double vices and have not looked back . Feel bad for the boss he spent a decent amount of $$$ buying the vacuum set-up and several fixture plates only to have it end up gathering dust on the shelf .

I think the heaviest for me was around 600 pounds and finished under 10 when done. So many factors in making good vacuum fixtures. I have never used a universal vacuum chuck, always a custom fixture.

• Like 1

http://www.piersonworkholding.com/vacuum-chuck.php?gclid=CPnUkP7wiMgCFRNrfgodm7kH4g

we where using this company and their set-up 

the parts we were trying to do where only 1.200" wide by 2.375" long and 4mm thick aluminum , we had a grid of 16 to 20 parts but could only get some of them to hold in place . as I stated in the end we switched to double vices which worked out for the better .

http://www.chick-workholding.com/4dcgi/WebTemplate?PATH=1000003&&WTMP=4&&PDID=13&&PSIZ=135&&_RND=6656_

these vices allowed us to swap the tops without having to remove the whole vacuum set-up and fixture plate for our other products . in the end a much better and productive set-up for the machine .

that being said it would have been nice to get the vacuum working as I'm sure it would be a asset for other items in the future .

I think the heaviest for me was around 600 pounds and finished under 10 when done. So many factors in making good vacuum fixtures. I have never used a universal vacuum chuck, always a custom fixture.

• 2 weeks later...