Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Install will not apply cutter comp

FTI2007

I have 2 new installs of x9 on new PCs.  Both will not apply cutter comp to the lead in and out. We use wear for our cutter comp.  Even when you step thru the back plot the tool comes down then 1 move to the other end  and back up.  Is there a  setting some where for this??> 

Straight line moves.  Same post we have always used. we have one old workstation that works fine.  We never had a problem until we got 2 new PCs with fresh installs. Its not the post.  It will not show the lead in and out moves in backplot so I am assuming its the software. And it will not post cutter comp on straight line moves.  if you Arc in and out with the lead then It will show the leads in back plot and post correctly.  

I didnt change anything but open a new part.  now I it will lead in and apply cutter comp but then cancels it on the next line.......

%
O1( TEST )
( DATE=DD-MM-YY - 29-10-15 TIME=HH:MM - 08:29 )
N100 G20
N101 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90
N102 T13 M6
( 3/8 FLAT ENDMILL | TOOL DIA. - .375 )
N103 G0 G54 X24.7813 Y2.375 S5000 M3
N104 G43 H13 Z1.
N105 M8
N106 Z.2
N107 G1 Z-.375 F25.
N108 G41 D13 X24.5 F30.4
N109 G40 X22.9688
N110 Z-.175 F150.
N111 G0 Z1.
N112 M9
N113 G91 G28 G0 Z0. M5
N114 M30
%

I sent an email in to my reseller also... 

There are settings in the Control Definition that tell Mastercam if "Wear" and "Reverse Wear" are supported, or not. If the boxes are not checked, you won't get the comp values.

Also, be sure that you don't have any "height" in the Arc lead in, if you have "helix" support turned off. (Try using "in XY plane only" for helix support.)

Other than that, try setting both the Arc and Line values to 60% of the diameter (watch for entering a value vs. percentage), and make sure your Arc Sweeps are set to 90 degrees.

I'm not suggesting that you need to use these specific values, but for testing purposes (to eliminate the obvious), try changing some of these settings.

I've had it set before where I had .02, and I thought that was my "line length", but that was the "percentage" I was using, which was less than .0001, so Mastercam skipped the move. Same for Arc. If you accidentally enter ".26" for "arc sweep angle", when you meant to modify the radius value, Mastercam doesn't like it...

in the control def the boxes are checked to support wear comp and reverse wear and to start and end cutter comp above part. I checked all the other values and everything is correct.  The part that stumps me is why is it a problem on only our new installs. I have never seen this before and was running x9 on my old pc.