Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Are post mods taboo?

TSeavert

I do not want to get anyone upset, and I am not going to ask for a post. My dealer is going to work on one for us (Next Week). But I was wondering, are there any resources out there to help teach people how to tweak the post files.

Are there help files included with MC that I can't find? or maybe are not installed? confused.gif

I just got the post mod CD this week and it is filled with tons of great stuff. As for info on post mods, this is a terrific place to ask questions and the response is usually faster and at least as accurate than that from your reseller. Dont worry about getting flamed for asking modification questions, just dont ask for a working post. cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

We love it when people ask "How do I get my post to do ... when it does ..."

It helps to be as specific as possible, What post you intend to modify, that machine, control, etc...

HTH

Tom,

Go into your .pst file

Search for the ptlchg postblock

Look for a line that looks like this:

pbld, n,*sgcode, *sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pfcout, pfzout, *speed, *spindle, pgear, pcan1

Change it to look like this:

pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pfcout, *speed, *spindle, pgear, pcan1

pbld, n, pfzout, pcan1

So....just move the call to pfzout or pzout to the next line.

Thats it.

There may be a swithch for this

# Additional General Output Settings

# ------------------------------------------------

nobrk : no #Omit breakup of x, y & z rapid moves

I think this might fix your problem too?

note: when editing a post make a backup copy. This has saved me many times fumbling my way through a post edit. biggrin.gif

Eric Salsman

1) Welcome aboard

2) nobrk doesn't always work

3) ptlchg mods will only affect actual toolchanges, you must also change ptlchg0 so that null toolchanges will also change

I have never seen 3ax rapid moves at toolchanges with nobrk set to 'no' in the newer Fanuc posts; what version post are you using?

C

Thanks guys. The info you gave allowed me to figure out a little bit about how the pst file works. It turned out that I changed prapidout under NC motion and that seems to have fixed my problem. I will examine my output more thoroughly today.

The null tool change section, apparently has a conditional statement that runs that output or not. I guess mine is not running that section. When I changed it, it had no effect.

And the toolchange section was working properly.

Thanks Again!!