Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Selecting arc by size

Sandybar

Is there a way to drill an arc by selecting a arc size and then picking the rest automatically?

I have a large plate with many holes in it and some have .374 press fit hole and some with .376 slip fit holes. You can imagine trying to pick the difference out without analyzing each and every arc. There has to be a easier way.

Thanks

Sandybar,

There is a few ways to do this... Probably the easiest is by selecting all, mask, select arc on the tree menu , check on the arc dia. box, and enter in the dia.

To get a visual of which arcs are which, I hit Alt.E, all, mask, same as, select the arc, now hit the clear all button, than check the arc dia. box... After if you want to add any aditional arcs hit Alt+. Same procedure... If you want to hide arcs hit Alt-.... To get them all back on the screen hit Alt.E again... Now remember that you're not deleting anything. Just hiding it.

Rob

[ 12-12-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: robk ]

Be careful that you end up picking the right amount of holes(arcs) I had it pick up holes that I did not want to drill. example... 1/2 screw and 1/2 dowel.... depending on how the geometery is laid out. It always helps to know how many holes you need to pick and check that against the operation manager.

Jack