Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone using this controller?

JAMMAN

I used an Anilam Crusader on a lathe in school about 6 years ago. I don't remember much about it other than it didn't take 'normal' G codes. If you were to look at the code, you'd think it was conversational. I don't recall the exact model number of control.

Thad

i have a crusader m controller on a 2 axis toolroom mill its got to be about 15 years old they made this up untill about 7 years ago its conversational but takes gcode from mcam ok it converts it itself in the controller i have a working post for this mill in 2 axis form meaning at all z moves in mcam it outputs a dwell so the operator can move the z himself may be you can edit it back to output z moves???its a nice controller for its time we down load thru rs-232 just fine to it

jammamn i think mastercam used to have a post for this a few version back im sure thats how we got our post from the dealer with the mods to get the 2axis to work again not bad easy to fix ourself and anilam still has parts in stock they made these for some time the crusader was first we have one of them too same set up then the crusader m came next then they moved into the 3200 ...etc etc

Yes there are some posts for anilam machines that come on the MC disk. The Mpan112X, Mpan113x and mpan5300x all write code for anilam machines, any of them should work. The 5300 post posts g-code, but it's g-code meant for an anilam machine so it will convert perfectly at the controller. Trying to convert code from other posts on the MC disk will be trial and error, alot of the time the controller wont recognize a line and completely omit it from the code eek.gif something you don't want happening.

The one thing about these 3 posts is that they will not post arcs correctly for the xz and yz planes. If this is an issue for you let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

HTH

[ 12-18-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Chad said: "Please tell me you are not dealing with Paul Jr from Industrial Assetts?"

No but...

Funny you should mention him, We have met. I went over to look at a machine and about 2 hours later we left so full of bull that our eyes had turned brown. He keeps in contact but unless he comes up with something either half the price he's asking or twice the quality he's peddling we won't call back.

So you have met "The Great Crookenstein" Ha Ha. The less literate here dealed with him some years ago, needless to say our company bought TWO junk machining centers but only recieved one. The other went to our FORMER boss's shop.

I have seen him pull off some shady deals!

Sorry to highjack your thread..............Chad

Had a Japax prototype hole poper that was built on an Anilam "Bridgeport" type machine. We only programmed x,y positioning moves and an M code for the drill cycle, so I cant really say I explored it too much. It did have some cool functionality in it such as "Do Loops" as well as various pocketing routines as I remember.

I had a retrofit mill with a Crusader M control. Its was a pretty decent control till it got old. After about five years you couldn't turn it off. If you did it would blow a board when you powered back up. Boards were $1000 if you traded in the blown one. All the boards were recycled so any board you got was at least 10 years old.

I left it on all the time and plugged it into a UPS, but everytime we lost power to the shop, it

cost $1K to get it running again.

Once we bought our first Haas we let the Crusader die.

[ 12-18-2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

We have 2 going still

Like everyone else says

A board pukes one day and the next board

you get looks like it came from

a deep sea salvage operation..

I would take a pass..

Were replacing them with Hurco VM1's

as they Get more expensive to maintain.

I would take a pass on the M's...