Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Alum Roughing.

kunfuzed

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys, hope to try some new cutters soon!  But like others have said, I'm probably limited by the fixturing, and the fact that it's a Haas. :p  Do the the "grown up" machines that start with "M" handle long stickouts without chattering?  Even in a vise, if I go much faster with a tool like that the harmonics pick up.

Ive done it on Haas machines...  try using a solid holder

You cant go full depth of cut with .125 step over?  IMO(putting on the flame suit) full depth of cut with a smaller step over works better, you're utilizing the hole flute, not just the tip.  Which machine is it?

I'd love to but I have quite a stack up, I do the parts in my avatar on an old Fadal VMC15 with a tiny Calmotion TRT160. Not much room for a full DOC between the blades plus with small steps I don't have much to take off when profiling the blades. I can do like 60 wheels (big diameter is 5.9") and never see any wear on the cutter. No flame suit needed :)

• Like 1

Yup, I'm using that and HSMAdvisor.  Under some conditions they disagree vehemently, which I think is kind of odd, so I figure I'll use whichever is more conservative for starters and see if I can ramp up from there.

I tried Helical calc. Their latest design SEEMS to have borrowed a lot from my FSWizard/ early HSMAdvisor layout and functionalty.

Either way I believe my HSMAdvisor has way better optimization for depth/width of cut amongst other things.

If you find anything, that helical is better at, though, let me know.