Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need Help

Katie,

"Use the forum young reseller", Jimmy 'Darth' Wakeford.

This is a customer that we currently have quoted and they are looking at VX software. Which by the way looks awesome on screen, but from what we have learned does not toolpath very well.

If you are familar with VX and MC maybe you could tell them the difference.

Thanks

Jimmy

quote:

Jimmy posted this thread on my name

It applies to both.

Boss man is upset. They are working on a offer to propose to me to get me to stay, I said I would listen, but my mind is 99.999% made up. I can't pass up this amazing offer at Nutrica. I will have control over the entire shop, and I get to work by myself. (for now anyway) Has J.M. ordered the maintenance agreement yet?

Hope you all at Barefoot have a very Merry Christmas and a safe New year.

Jimmy- I still want to know what a "geeterhead" is!

quote:

Which by the way looks awesome on screen, but from what we have learned does not toolpath very well.

You guys were talking about a CAM package called

VX??? I thought you were talking about

Mastercam V10. Some people on this forum call

MCV10 "VX"

I've never heard of this VX stuff

[ 12-24-2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Gcode,

The Vx on this thread is NOT V10! It is another attempt from a competitor to confuse prospects. Like the one who's sogan is

"The New Masters In Cam".

OH! I am sorry. Did you get slammed into oblivion By Ben "th'Man" Mund? Well go home and ask your mommie for an original slogan.

Jimmy teh "why do they lie???"

Jimmy

Rekd,

"Technical Knowledge

The Roling Engineering and Machining, Inc staff have a combined 35 years of experience across the full range of manufacturing operations. The staff emphasizes strong Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Production/Material/Quality Control and an extremely experienced Machinist staff that can support all levels of complex machined parts.

"

Qualified for tech support?

SJJ

quote:

Like the one who's sogan is

"The New Masters In Cam".

That would be MecSoft's VisualMill.

I downloaded the demo and tried it.

Its a cute toy, but I wouldn't want to make a living with it.

Who are these clowns with the nerve to call themselves "VX" ???

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery biggrin.gif

gcode- teh countin'the days till the real VX

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

The Roling Engineering and Machining, Inc staff have a combined 35 years of experience...

Kids.... pffffttt!!! As if....

CAD/CAM Consulting (SoCal MC Reseller) probably has over 100 combined years in manufacturing between, Tom, Dennis, Glenn, Arlene, Jay and Rob.

James teh "...take that!!!!"

Gcode,

The post I put on mms says to get us both to cut a part. Barefoot has a very wide range of talents, and we can cut a part on any machine. I hope that the smoke and mirrors pitch does not win out though.

There are getting to be more and more competitors in cad cam, and they all compare themselves to MC for some reason. I get so aggrevated when I hear something like "They say you can hold print up to screen and it makes the program", or something equally impossible.

Now when it comes to cutting a part the competion wants money for post and programming time. Or my FAVORITE'"Oh, we dont cut metal e just sell software." (Get your non meal cutting butt out of my shop cause we cut metal)

Jimmy

quote:

quote:The Roling Engineering and Machining, Inc staff have a combined 35 years of experience...

Kids.... pffffttt!!! As if....

CAD/CAM Consulting (SoCal MC Reseller) probably has over 100 combined years in manufacturing between, Tom, Dennis, Glenn, Arlene, Jay and Rob.

It's actually closer to 50 years, but they thought that might be a stretch. Oh, BTW, that 50 years is between Jay and Matt... rolleyes.gif

'Rekd [in my best Dean Martin/Jerry Luis Voice] "Baby blow me... a kiss as you leave"

• 2 weeks later...