Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas TSC 300psi or 1000?

We have the 1000psi on our UMC-750....Works great , BUT , it is freaking LOUD !!! Also , make sure to clean/replace the screen underneath the pump that's in the coolant tank....If that gets clogged , and the TSC tank runs dry or really low , it will alarm out your program.

We have the 1000psi on our UMC-750....Works great , BUT , it is freaking LOUD !!! Also , make sure to clean/replace the screen underneath the pump that's in the coolant tank....If that gets clogged , and the TSC tank runs dry or really low , it will alarm out your program.

Does that machine have a top on it?

Oh, will 300psi drive the small angled heads?

Not very good. If you guys are looking to do RAH coolant drvien then you need to up the budget to at least include the 1000psi IMHO. Really starting to sound like some bean counters with no clue got in the middle of the machine purchase and are doing their best to put your company out of business.

Not very good. If you guys are looking to do RAH coolant drvien then you need to up the budget to at least include the 1000psi IMHO. Really starting to sound like some bean counters with no clue got in the middle of the machine purchase and are doing their best to put your company out of business.

We've needed RAH work on occasion so I was just trying to think of more justification for the 1k system, which isn't going to happen.  Bean counters rule this place.  This giant defense contractor isn't going out of business soon, but they always go on and on and on about competing with the outside and keeping our labor rate down blah blah.  Meanwhile, they order a lot of Fadal spindles, electronics and monitors to keep machines alive.  I'm grateful I'm on a new VF2.

If you plan on running the 1000psi a lot I would look at the brand of rotary union they use. Good quality rotary unions are not cheap and cheap rotary unions fail in far less time often flooding spindle bearings/housing with coolant. 

I'm sure Haas would only use the best...

Mike 

• Like 1

If you plan on running the 1000psi a lot I would look at the brand of rotary union they use. Good quality rotary unions are not cheap and cheap rotary unions fail in far less time often flooding spindle bearings/housing with coolant. 

I asked about this when we were shopping; they went to a totally new design with ground carbide disks acting as a fluid bearing.  The only drawback is that the spindle has to stop to turn TSC on and off.

• Like 1