Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Still having config problems with SP2

Code_Breaker

Last week I requested some help, but no one seems to know the answer to my problem. I have done a fresh install after uninstalling and deleting everything that has to do with MC. I am still having this problem. I do not know if it is affecting anything, nothing else is strange. But, it would be nice to get some answers.

1) Yesterday, one file went "screwy". Suddenly, and I mean, SUDDENLY, my WCS switch from top to a numbered WCS which was NOT made. All arc and lines exploded and were placed all over the grid.

2) Four hours later I went to my config and recevied this error message "Message 436 in [configuration test] not found." This went through four steps with same message using numbers 436, 437, 438 and 439.

3) Then when I am in config and select the File tab, I get the same error message but for a different set of numbers 166 thru 169.

Does anyone know what is going on?????????

I have never heard of anything like this before. I did not catch the first post you had on the subject, so lets start from the beginning.

1) What OS?

2) What video card?

3) Computer running MC?

4) How many applications are you running other than MC when this happens?

5) Can you MAKE this happen?

6) Net hasp or stand-alone dongle?

1) What OS? Windows2000

2) What video card? Nivida Quatro 750 xgl video card

3) Computer running MC? P4

4) How many applications are you running other than MC when this happens? None

5) Can you MAKE this happen? It is always there, every time I use Screen-Config

6) Net hasp or stand-alone dongle? Net hasp

Hope this helps

I have had this problem when using a Spaceball.

When manipulating a model with a Spacball

a left mouse click is required to disengage

the Spaceball. You need to be careful that the

model is not moving and that you click in black space. If not, I have had MC files blow up as you describe.

Were the arcs that blew up constructed, or were they made by creating curves on a solid model??

Note: there are new Spaceball drivers out, and I have not had this problem since I started using them.

Note2: I don't know why your model blew up, but you can probably fix your config file problem by

closing Mastercam, deleting you config file and opening Mastercam back up.

If it can't find a config file MC will create a new one with default settings

[ 12-30-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

It sounds like you are trying to use the MILL9.TXT file from MasterCAM 9.0. The missing messages that show up when you go into Screen|Config are the strings associated with the new converters - Rhino, CATIA, and Unigraphics. When the config dialog comes up, it reads those messagees from the numbered list in MILL9.TXT. If your MILL9.TXT version dosn't match the version of MILL9.EXE you are using, you'll get errors like that. Probably a few others, as some of the other new fuctions will map to other 'missing' strings.

Try one of the following to fix:

- Restore the original MILL9.TXT file for V9.1sp2

- Copy the MILL9.TXT file from another V9.1sp2 intall over your busted one

- Delete the MILL9.TXT file and do a 'Repair' install of MasterCAM from the MasterCAM CD.

Rick, you beat me to it. We use a modified .txt file and when we upgraded to SP2, we got config errors like Mr. Breaker is talking about. That was the only thing that had been changed. I gave the .txt file to our dealer and that's when they told me that if we wanted to use a modified .txt file, we'd have to modify the new one that came with SP2. Bingo! That was it.

Thad

I am using the original file that was installed wi SP2. Also, my dealer was notified and suggected deleting the config file and restarting MC to reset the config files to its default. No luck. He is not able to fix the problem.

Gcode, I do have a spaceball and laters drivers. Unfortunily, I was away from my desk (5-10 minutes)when the geometry exploded. No one else was in the room at the time. I did not save the file, but open the original back up, so it was OK.

I will have our administrator reinstall the drivers for the spaceball and go from there.

Code-breaker are you able to make this happen at any time?

Code_Breaker can you email what company you work for.

I will see if I will be out that way this coming week and take a look at it if you like.

Jay Kramer Part of the Cad-cam Consuting service grew.

I work out of the newbury office & mine.

quote:

I am using the original file that was installed wi SP2. Also, my dealer was notified and suggected deleting the config file and restarting MC to reset the config files to its default. No luck. He is not able to fix the problem.

Deleting the .CFG file won't do anything to the .TXT file, and it's the .TXT file that contains the messages. I'd suggust taking a look at the MILL9.TXT file before you go futzing with drivers, mainly becasue the .TXT file is easy to check and fix. The 166-169 messages are located at line 10,040, and the 436-439 messages are located at line 5543 (as counted by CIMCO Edit).