Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

roughing options

The Bruce

What is it with people, instead of asking a question and helping with their ignorance, they come in ranting and raving

You might want to ask how you "can" do it because you can

So, if you use Surface High Speed/Opti then it will automatically select inside or outside for you... but if you use Surface High Speed Area, then under Toolpath Type, on the right side underneath Containment Boundary, you must choose, the "From Outside" checkbox.

Ive only used up to X8, but going from X7 to X8 I had to re learn all the dynamic toolaths, they changed all the names and the way it worked.   The 1st time I went to do a dynamic core mill it took me a bit to realize that it was all there, it just had a different name.  Good times  :smoke:

X9's new strategy for the Opti paths work so much better than X8.  The combination of the tool paths requires less work to get setup.

When switching from one tool path type to another, all the para's stick. So far I have not had any problems with these paths.

Everything works as it should.

• Like 1