Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Multiaxis Toolpath - Drill Reference Points

SKATOUTLE

Guys,

Recently upgraded to X9 from X6. Reference points are no longer working when using the Multiaxis Toolpath - Drill.  They do work for the Multiaxis Curve toolpath. Any suggestions? I have uninstalled/installed Mastercam. This is occuring on the two seats we have running X9.

Thanks

post-47587-0-76887500-1458848360_thumb.jpg

they have worked for me

try changing that to a big incremental number and see what happens

depending on  where your WCS is set and the angles of the 5X drill toolpath

that 8" absolute value could be deep inside your part.. so Mastercam is ignoring it

they have worked for me

try changing that to a big incremental number and see what happens

depending on  where your WCS is set and the angles of the 5X drill toolpath

that 8" absolute value could be deep inside your part.. so Mastercam is ignoring it

That didn't work, but it is good to know that it works for you.

Actually it doesn't.

I just built a simple 5X drill file in X9 and it did not respect Reference Point settings

Then I tried it in MC2017 beta 2 and it works properly.

I don't see any point in submitting this as an X9 bug, because X9 development is done. 

Actually it doesn't.

I just built a simple 5X drill file in X9 and it did not respect Reference Point settings

I don't see any point in submitting this as an X9 bug, because X9 development is done. 

+1

This one has been submitted. I'm glad to hear its fixed in 2017.

Actually it doesn't.

Submitted early and often. Many issues with ref points in X9.

Thank you very much for answering this, it was driving me crazy. We should of stuck with X6.  I guess we will have to hand edit everyone of the 100s programs that we have that use this toolpath untill this is fixed......arghhh :thumbdown:

Have you tried the point toolpath as your ref point to start and end a toolpath? I used that method for many years before ever using ref points in an operation. Yes a little more work, but not much.

• Like 3

Have you tried the point toolpath as your ref point to start and end a toolpath? I used that method for many years before ever using ref points in an operation. Yes a little more work, but not much.

No I haven't, and yes it worked awesome.  Wish I would have known about that one years ago. Thanks!

Speaking of the point toolpath, recently I had a project where I had to use a spot face tool and reach around a protruding features. I used a series of point toolpaths to control all the moves around the features. It worked great and best of all, no hand editing was needed.