Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfaces to Solids

Camfun

Hi all.This place it´s great!!!

In past, i read one thread in this place where a guy asked if Mastercam V9 make conversion from surfaces to solids, and somebody answered that not possible, only inverse way, solids to surface.

I search this thread, but don´t find.Maybe i don´t used the corrects words.

It happens that without wanting, i discovered one way, in Main Menu>Solids>Next Menu>From Surfaces.

I used this command in some models mine and it is work fine, my surfaces they had solids models.

I´m wrong, or this way it´s correct? confused.gif

I don´t want to offend noboby here, only want share this discovery, if it will be correct.

Forgiven my wrong english. frown.gif

[ 01-07-2004, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: CAMFUN ]

CAMFUN

Welcome to the forum cheers.gif

I use this on the regular basis. You can't make a layout out of surfaces, so I convert them to solids first and make a quick assembly print. We have 5 seats of MC in here, but only 1 seat of solids option. My programmers/operators get to see the part both ways.