Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tooling question

Are there any other companys that sell indexable Bullnose cutter bodies like millstar and Dapra but for not quite the cost but similar in design ?? Looking for a good profiling tool for a VMC but on a hobbyist budget or maybe little higher in cost just not at the price of Millstar for the time being. Millstar tooling is great but you do pay for it.. just looking for a cheaper alternative in a 3/4 and 1 inch range.. Thanks in advance.

Im looking more along the lines of profile milling tool bodies similar to those made by millstar. They have the inserts that can be aquired with different corner radiuses and work very well for profiling work. On the sites listed above I saw more of shell mills or face mills than I did any profiling or copy milling cutter bodies. Millstar  and Dapra are the only ones I have found but both are very pricey. These are what are used at work and what I'm looking for but in a budget line the CB CYF series in a HSS or Carbide body.  http://www.millstar.com/millstar-tool-holders.php

Lovejoy tooling has a 558 series tool that is similar to what I'm looking for will have to email them on pricing.

thanks again..

Yes, iscar makes a button cutter that I do practically 90% of my 3d work with.

If price is a concern or for hobby search eBay for button cutters.

jlw, who is your Iscar sales rep?   The guy I was using likes to disappear, and we could use someone more dependable.... 

In a previous life we used Superbee cutters.   cheap bodies cheap inserts.

any thing more than mild steel tool life went away real fast.

did a quick search and could only come up with radius cutters, dont know what might still be out there. this was 15 plus years ago when i last used them.

jlw, who is your Iscar sales rep? The guy I was using likes to disappear, and we could use someone more dependable....

Ha! In my phone as "Frank Iscar Guy" but there's a new one now. He's in my phone as "Bruce Iscar Guy" and here is his number:

(205) 523-2083

I've only talked to him a time or two. Seems good.

• Like 1