Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe DZ has become a mill plane. How can I fix this?

jaydenn

I'm using X9.

I started a turning project , and created the standard lathe "DZ" plane and all was fine. In the plane manager, the coordinate was clearly listed as "lathe".

Now, a few days later, the same plane is all of a sudden listed as "mill" coordinate and no longer reports anything in diameter.

How do I change this "coordinate" back to lathe?

I thought I might just create another plane, but nope, Mastercam doesn't allow multiple lathe planes.

Ideas???

J

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I have not found a fool proof method of fixing this, in fact I have a couple of files I couldn't fix.

This can be a real problem if you're halfway through a complex part.

I've submitted several examples to QC. Hopefully they will get it fIxed for the next SP

It changes all the time on me, I just got used to it. I just go to the bottom, click on "Planes", Lathe Diameter in the menu and to the right is the lathe planes. I always change to -D -Z (WCS). Happened like 10 times a day regardless of what plane set the drawing was in originally. Seemed easy enough to get around, using 2017 now lets see if it's gone.

It changes all the time on me, I just got used to it. I just go to the bottom, click on "Planes", Lathe Diameter in the menu and to the right is the lathe planes. I always change to -D -Z (WCS). Happened like 10 times a day regardless of what plane set the drawing was in originally. Seemed easy enough to get around, using 2017 now lets see if it's gone.

I've found it worse in 2017. In fact, to a point where I sometimes can't even reselect +D+Z when it loses itself. I've have two examples that actually wouldn't allow me to change machine defs either.

Lathe just doesn't get lovin' no more :(

• Like 2

Like I said, I got used to it. The discovery of the grayed out button that when you check it magically appears "Reference Point" was a discovery that changed my life in lathe.

I program for 3 lathes, all single chuck one turret. Take the time you spend worrying about it and just start clicking on things LOL the day goes much faster. We produce more round parts than any other shape and half of them you wouldn't recognize as programs looking at the screen. Just a series of lines and curves and random looking points around the screen.

Would love to look at your file, I don't admit it often but I do a LOT of lathe parts.

Did you ever create a tool in X9 lathe, couldn't see it, do it again, couldn't see it, close and open mastercam... both there?

Like I said, I got used to it. The discovery of the grayed out button that when you check it magically appears "Reference Point" was a discovery that changed my life in lathe.

I program for 3 lathes, all single chuck one turret. Take the time you spend worrying about it and just start clicking on things LOL the day goes much faster. We produce more round parts than any other shape and half of them you wouldn't recognize as programs looking at the screen. Just a series of lines and curves and random looking points around the screen.

Would love to look at your file, I don't admit it often but I do a LOT of lathe parts.

Did you ever create a tool in X9 lathe, couldn't see it, do it again, couldn't see it, close and open mastercam... both there?

I can't get used to something that is broken... :)

• Like 2