Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i can not pick on anything

red sox fan

Just not the 4000 model . I heard this a while back.

Hope that's all the problem is, and it sound like it.

The 2000 ver works, the next one above the 4000 starts costing money, but no more then a top of the line game card.

You could save up for the Quadro P6000. 

I wonder if they named it that because that's the price of it also LOL.

A lot of us were told by our resellers etc

( at the time) get the Quadro nvidia card.

The Quadro card is the best.  The reason is all the opti paths have so many triangles.

For all the other toolpaths and basic Mastercam functions, the GTX is perfectly acceptable.

but the GTX will be a little slower on a file where there are massive amounts of the opti paths on a huge part.

Nvidia just dropped the ball on the k4000.  But I heard the k5000 is very good.

• Like 1

No

card is nvidia quadro k4000

driver is dated 1/10/2017

and i spoke a bit prematurely I guess, it did fix my problems with picking on things but it messed up others.

AHAAAAA....... wtf

when i got to define a tool there is at times nothing to pick so once again i shut mastercam down and its fine for

a while.

is the card certified by MC? how can i tell?

thanks

Everytime I have tried to update the driver to the newest release I regret it...

I have found this driver to be the best one for that card, like I said I have been fighting this card for a while now...

Set the Nvidia to work for Catia in the control manager and run in Basic mode.

Newbee had an error and I read that the fix was to override Nvidia's power managment to best performance and so for chits and giggles I changed the default Catia settings to

use best performance because I was also seeing some stuttering around in the verify.,,it was set to let Nvidia choose and I think it was being too stingy on the voltage. so I pegged it out...

post-5941-0-65399500-1486495292_thumb.jpg