Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lagging Issues with functions like toolpath editor.

huskermcdoogle

Folks, I have been trying to edit some surface paths to eliminate some studder points.   Mostly I have been successful with filter setting but there are a few points I still need to delete so the machine won't studder at them.  Toolpath editor seems to take forever to do anything, I remember you used to be able to just scroll through real quick, now it takes 20 seconds to switch from pass to pass or up to a minute to close the dialog.  I am wondering if it is graphics related.  I have a K3100M and 32gig's of ram.  I appears if I change the graphics settings to integrated, it works better, but still laggy, and closes super slow, but still faster than with the quardo card.  Something just doesn't seem right.  The path I am playing with is only 238k.  I have routinely worked with paths 20 - 30 times larger in the past with no issues.  

Ideas?

Maybe need to play with video card settings?  Or is something else wonky causing excess calculations, system tolerances?

I am stuck here, my system has seemingly been sucking pretty bad lately.  I have run some benchmarks on the card, not sure on how well it did as I have not been able to compare it to anything.  But didn't seem to choke at all on the open gl test, it ran better than the integrated card did.

I have seen this on very intense flowline paths.  Seems to me there is so much "geo" in big surfacing paths that it just bogs slower systems.  I have 2.6ghz, 12g ram at work and and 4ghz and 32g ram at home.  Some paths will bog bad at work and never check up at home.