Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lock Parameter settings?

medaq

Is there any way in hell to get Mastercam to stop changing all of my settings? If I click a new tool, bam everything that was figure out is gone. Would not be such a problem. But the optirough stuff having to get the right step down to get the right amount of material removed is semi frustrating. 

Is there some options I am missing to stop this?

Feedrates or tool path parameters?

I always put my speed and feed in the tool page not the dialog path in the tool path parameters page.

In the configuration setting there is an option for recalculate hsm defaults. I think this is what you are looking for. I don't remember the exact page but its there somewhere.

Tool path parameters. Ill look for that option, Thanks for the heads up on the configuration setting. 

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Feedrates or tool path parameters?

I always put my speed and feed in the tool page not the dialog path in the tool path parameters page.

In the configuration setting there is an option for recalculate hsm defaults. I think this is what you are looking for. I don't remember the exact page but its there somewhere.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017\mill\Ops has your .defaults in it. That's where Mastercam pulls the general dialog but keep in mind that something will change based on Dia of the tool such as step over or step down in the dynamic tool paths. 

20 hours ago, Leon82 said:

If I'm understanding him right, he doesn't want anything to change when he clicks on a different size tool, so he will need to deactivate recalculate hsm defaults. 

It is in the system settings possibly under toolpaths.

This is the correct answer to stopping Mastercam from recalculating the parameters in the tool path dialog.

There is also an option to "Lock Feedrates" so those aren't reset as well when changing tools.

17 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

This is the correct answer to stopping Mastercam from recalculating the parameters in the tool path dialog.

There is also an option to "Lock Feedrates" so those aren't reset as well when changing tools.

Thank you everyone, I found the recalculate one for hsm as suggested above. I will look for the lock feed rates one also.