Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Cell phone dependance

Toolfab

offtopic.gif Last night on my way to work a concert I relized that when I got in my buddies truck, I left my cell phone in mine. So I had to go 5 hours without my phone headscratch.gif that sucked.

So 2 O'clock this mornin after the show, I get back to my truck and it is GONE banghead.gif

I feel as if my dog has run away. How many of you are as dependant on your cell's, the numbers, and the contacts, that are in it as I am?

curse.gif I am pissed, who is tring to call? Who is calling Iskander on my phone? Did I get the insurance.... NO It cost to much...... bonk.gif

I don't have a cell phone for work. I have a personal cell phone that I never use (pay-as-you-go plan). I value my privacy. I'll reply when I'm good and ready, whether it's via phone, email, instant message or whatever. I had a professor in university that never answered a phone...at all, home or work. He screened everything.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, I'm a little more dependant on it than I care to be. At home I generally don't answer it. Anybody that's really important has my cell number and they call that anyway. I do have a backup of all the numbers though JIC.

Jer, I have called my phone every 15 minutes for the past 4 hours. The phone power has been turned off. So it goes right to my voice mail.

James, I didnt have a back up of my numbers, that is what freaks me out the most. I had over a hundred numbers in there, work and personal. I am trippin, this blows. You should have seen the email "TO" list I just sent out requesting that my pals all send me there numbers again. You know, I dont write the numbers down, I put them in my phone and there they are. No need to remember them, just scroll down and hit dial.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

stupidstupidstupidstupid

My family and I all have the Camara Cell's

And no long distance plan on the house phone.

They fold in half and fit in your Pocket.

They are handy for When someone is running late

Just call.

Yep, I'm the Moron in the Grocery store

on the Cell asking my wife "Which sweet and sour

sauce there are two and there two different colors"?..

tongue.gif

quote:

I have a personal cell phone that I never use (pay-as-you-go plan).

Ditto that !

Works out costing $15.00 a month and includes long distance.

Toolfab, been there, done that!

I sometimes keep the phone clipped to a strap on the backback I use to carry the laptop.

O/T: Love those people with the laptop bags that say DELL on 'em (Read: steal me!)

Anyway, one day I can't find it. Since I don't actually use it everyday, who knows what happend to it.

Search the backpack, car, house, the dog's bed, etc = nothing.

Next day I pull into the lot at work, grab the backpack as usual and swing it onto my shoulder.

Hmmm, Swing the backpack onto... I know I'd backed in this exact same spot in the lot the last couple days.

I walk back behind the car, look down and find the #^@&* phone laying in the snowbank.