Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3+2 rotary table

Currently going to get a price on a 3+2 table for our Okuma Genos mill, right now we have a Koma 4th which I have no complaints except they aren't cheap.

What other brands out there are great quality,but have a better price tag?

5 minutes ago, jeff said:

I realize you were most likely joking, but I'm ignorant when it comes to the tilting tables. Do they make a good one? Are they compatible with Okuma?

Oh, I was joking :)

I'm thinking if you put a Haas rotary/tilt in an Okuma, the Okuma might self destruct :)

Nikken has some nice rotary options, but I would bet they are priced very close to the Koma. You must make sure the rotary is compatible, Okuma uses its own drives and motors, so the rotary must have Okuma motors as well. Check with your Okuma distributor as you will also need a interface for the 4th/5th.

Yes you can put a Haas rotary on an Okuma, but it can only be an indexer and must have its own control box. Plug it in using spare M codes and wait for a signal to be sent back verifying location. I have seen this done once, but it was on a Bridgeport GX1000-OSP with an OSP-P200MR control.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brad Lisle said:

Nikken has some nice rotary options, but I would bet they are priced very close to the Koma. You must make sure the rotary is compatible, Okuma uses its own drives and motors, so the rotary must have Okuma motors as well. Check with your Okuma distributor as you will also need a interface for the 4th/5th.

Yes you can put a Haas rotary on an Okuma, but it can only be an indexer and must have its own control box. Plug it in using spare M codes and wait for a signal to be sent back verifying location. I have seen this done once, but it was on a Bridgeport GX1000-OSP with an OSP-P200MR control.

I sent an email to Gosiger yesterday but haven't heard back from them yet.

You pretty much answered my question that I had for them though. Thanks!

On 6/1/2017 at 0:32 PM, JParis said:

Oh, I was joking :)

I'm thinking if you put a Haas rotary/tilt in an Okuma, the Okuma might self destruct :)

did some service on a nearly new tr210. they have belts between the motors and worm gears that you wouldn't put on your bicycle for fear of them being too weak (basically rubber bands). How they can go to all the trouble of making otherwise well constructed trunnions and laughably cheap out on the most critical parts is beyond me.

and i like Haas mills..

never seen one in person but some people on PM seem to like them

We're leaning toward the Tsudakoma TND-160 table.

And the salesman said that we wouldn't be able to do SIMULTANEOUS 5axis machining with this and our Okuma Genos, for that we need a 5 axis machine.

I don't really understand why, and not that it matters because it's not like we're making impellers or anything that complex.

I asked my reseller and he basically said that was hogwash. I'll believe him over the salesman.

http://www.komaprecision.com/Tsudakoma TND Series.html

We have a TWA 160 on one of our Genos Mills and it works well for 3+2. For full 5 it will need to be programmed from the COR but it can be done. We have inverse time on it to make that an easier task. TCP wasn't available.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2017 at 5:46 AM, Mr. M said:

We have a TWA 160 on one of our Genos Mills and it works well for 3+2. For full 5 it will need to be programmed from the COR but it can be done. We have inverse time on it to make that an easier task. TCP wasn't available.

That's the model we decided to go with. Just got the quote today.