Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Indexing Rotary Axis

Singh Abhi

Hey There, 

I want some cavities to be machined on a Cylinder with the help of Rotary Axis. Say 8 repeats each spaced at an equal angle .

I tried using Rotary Axis Control And Rotate Option Toolpath Transform Option.

Please help me to choose right toolpaths and parameters.

Thank you

16 hours ago, Singhabhi9 said:

I want some cavities to be machined on a Cylinder with the help of Rotary Axis

If you want the cavity walls normal to the cylinder wall, try axis substitution.

If not normal to the cylinder, use rotate planes to create planes around the cylinder for cavities and set Cplane, Tplane for different angles. Remember when you rotate the planes it will be in the opposite direction to cutter / machine travel because cutter motion is relative to the work. So rotate plane -60 degrees gives you a +60 degree cutter / machine motion (if your machine is set up "standard").

I want cavity normal to cylinder surface I did Substitute Y axis it works good.

but while verifying Rotary Axis rotates with tool, giving jerks which may damage tool and WP. I Want Rotary Axis to index by 45 degree only when cavities are machined.

Is there any way of doing this...?

Thank You