Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Upgrade codes

George Hardwick

This is JMHO,,,

Once Mastercam issues permanent codes they have no recourse or leverage if there is a problem collecting money. An end user paying cash to a dealer does not mean the dealer has paid Mastercam.

I think the wait for permanent codes is a policy

learned through the school of hard knocks.

also

When I first purchased Mastercam I was given a 30

day money back satifaction warranty. That's kind of hard to work out if permanent codes have been issued eek.gif

[ 02-19-2004, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Hi George,

How ya doing? So you have that Level 2 installed and running yet? There are other reasons why they always ship the sims timmed. Think about this... We ship a customer a Mill Level 3 w/ Lathe and solids. Almost $18,000 (US$) worth of software. It's all contained in a little 2x2x1/2 inch piece of plastic. If that thing dissappears from his shipping/receiving area, then someone has hit the jackpot. Having a timed code insures that it gets to its proper destination before it gets switched on for good.

And also to make sure the dealer gets paid biggrin.gif

How are those training CD's working out for you?

Mike Mattera

quote:

HASS is doing this crap now

They were doing it 10 years ago when I bought a

VF1

I asked a Haas salesman why they do that and he told me they had a truckload of VF1's hijacked

After that they started putting a 30 day

deadman's switch in the control.

That 30 day switch also makes it much easier to collect a past due invoice. tongue.gif