Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Service Update 3 Bug - random work offset generation

JeremyV

Just installed the recent update on Friday before I left.... Discovered a bug right off the bat:

Before the update, I was able to force work offset zero in the planes tab so everything posts at G54 instead of mastercam auto assigning random G work offsets that I don't want...

After the update, I noticed the random G work offset was worse and after I forced work offset zero on only the top plane, mastercam posted G55 instead followed by G56 and G57... I didn't quite understand that and couldn't figure out why it was doing that, so a crazy idea and forced work offset zero on ALL planes...and the funny part is mastercam finally posted G54 on all operations.... I've never had to do that before...

Did anyone catch this yet or is it just me?

Is there a way to roll back to update 2 or am I screwed?  So far i've only updated my PC, all other PC's are not yet updated.

The first pic is proper for G54 unless you force it in your post.  What post are you using?  I would set post to use the first offset, then it will take the first offset it sees, be it G54, G55 or what ever and use it for all ops.

Really?  Been using the 2nd pic with no problems til the update...   Most times I really don't need to assign zero for anything unless using multiple planes.  I do know when using multiple planes, I assign zero for all used planes and that works fine, but why should we have to assign zero for planes that aren't being used?

On 1/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, jlw™ said:

You should only have to do it for used planes.  I assumed everything you had was used.  Have you tried just doing it for used planes?

I actually did, wasn't much help there either.  Even verify was showing the tools cutting parallel to the part, which is bizarre.

Another part of the issue now is when we switch machines, we have to change some tool numbers... which I would go about opening the parameters and changing the number after editing the tool.  Funny that.... in the original file, T14 posted at T14, however changing T14 to T36 in a new file still posted at T14... i've never had this problem before the update.... never.  I'm stumped.

5 hours ago, JeremyV said:

That I was never taught...

I know how to regen toolpaths, but is Regen to toolpath something different?  If yes then how do i use that feature?

No the same thing. When you change tool numbers the op doesn't go dirty sometimes and retains the old tool number.

I had this yesterday when I renumbered the tools in a file and then tried to use the Vericut to mastercam interface to generate my tool file for vericut. The posted code used the right tool numbers but the vericut file used the old numbers until I regened all the operations.

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

No the same thing. When you change tool numbers the op doesn't go dirty sometimes and retains the old tool number.

I had this yesterday when I renumbered the tools in a file and then tried to use the Vericut to mastercam interface to generate my tool file for vericut. The posted code used the right tool numbers but the vericut file used the old numbers until I regened all the operations.

Yes sure is nice to be 10 hours into a Vericut session and have that one bite you.

• Like 1

So i've managed to sort of fix how to get mastercam to post correctly: select a different tool and hit the check box then go back in and select the correct tool then it posts right after regen.

I'm strongly thinking of going back to update 2 because update 3 is being a PITA.

10 minutes ago, JeremyV said:

So i've managed to sort of fix how to get mastercam to post correctly: select a different tool and hit the check box then go back in and select the correct tool then it posts right after regen.

I'm strongly thinking of going back to update 2 because update 3 is being a PITA.

I think you have to uninstall everything then reinstall then let update to 2 to get back to update 2.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, JeremyV said:

I think you have to uninstall everything then reinstall then let update to 2 to get back to update 2.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Dose anyone have any more info on the tool number problem. We stopped using 2018 because of this problem.  We just did all the update on 2018 and started using it again and ran into the problem again. If we roll back to the 2nd update in 2018 is it fixed? Did they fix it in 2019.

Howard

36 minutes ago, Hcarte said:

If you change the tool number it dose not make that tool path dirty. If you post the code you still  have the old tool number. If you regenerate the tool path it will post the right tool number. 

I have not seen this one. Anytime I change a tool number in the operation it always asks me a question.