Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 5-axis Machining Condition

NOTW Programmer

Hi,

Do any of you have an idea or can point me to a resource to fill in the Fanuc 5-axis Machining Condition table. It is supposed to be developed by out Tool Builder, Yama Seikie has tried to configure our AWEA FCV-620 but failed in their many attempts at it. It has been nearly 9-months and the machine still jerks when changing direction and does not have a smooth motion at all.

See attached for clarification.

-Will

Fanuc_Machining_Condition.png

20180205_173933_001.jpg

20180205_173918.jpg

Have you tried to old school it and use inverse time?

If the Builder is having trouble getting it sorted out then I would have a major issue keeping the machine.  What has Fanuc said when they came in with the builder and went through their tuning process? Does the code need more or less vectors for the shift? Have you found a good mix or process that doesn't jerk?

I struggle with similar issues.  I'm curious to see where this goes.

On another note, I have never seen that option.  Are these parameters the same as for normal AICC tuning (appear to be)?  I assume you are using G05.1 Q1 R# to command the machine?

Post some code that is banging around, that will help us get an idea of how fine or course a toolpath you are using.

" has been nearly 9-months and the machine still jerks when changing direction and does not have a smooth motion at all."

WOW, MTB can't setup the machine that they're selling? Unacceptable. Send it back. Without this being tubed properly you'll never use it as a 5axis machine. 3+2 at best

24 minutes ago, Mark @ PPG said:

WOW, MTB can't setup the machine that they're selling? Unacceptable. Send it back.

Probably not an option given the amount of time they have had it.  Maybe trade it toward a real machine?

24 minutes ago, Mark @ PPG said:

Without this being tubed properly you'll never use it as a 5axis machine. 3+2 at best

My guess is they are only using it as a 3+2 machine already.

Likely they will have to pay Fanuc to come tune it.  At the same time they may as well deck it out with high speed options to take advantage of the money they will have to spend on tuning.

Another thing that we don't know yet is what mode they are running in which causes the banging, and they haven't given us any indication on how dense thier code is, they may just be overrunning thier lookahead.  They probably only have 40 or 200 blocks.  Doesn't take much to overrun 40 blocks.  200 isn't hard to overrun as well with tight code.  Parameter changes can help this, but not in the screen he has posted.