Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

automatic 3+2 machining

Frankieboy

11 minutes ago, Frankieboy said:

i once saw a strategy in adv. multiaxis machining that could do automatic 3+2 surfacemilling 

am i wrong ?  , i cant find it now   ,  anybode can help ? 

i have a part now that has a whole lot of machining , and undercuts  , maybe it could help me ? 

Sorry I am not aware of an automagic button to do this. 🙄

• Haha 1

is what they show in this video what you are after? 

Edit: nevermind, in your original email you said you were using this for undercutting and what is shown in this video wouldn't work on an undercut so this is probably not what you were looking for after all. This might do a good job for you depending on the part shape for everything except the undercuts and then those could be targeted in a separate toolpath if you still liked what they show in the video and that holder tilting is really easy to use.

2 hours ago, Shrinivas Reddy said:

part model images ...? or share Reference part model images ( if its NDA part )

may get third party solutions  ( ADD ON to mastercam software ... )

you might have seen MC CUSTOM MADE TEMPLATES   

None of that is Automatic. Helps get you started, but I believe he is asking for the load the model hit the make toolpaths and done button.

14 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Just show the print to the machine and hit the button!

Had a CEO ask me that very question. Why can we load the print in the front of the machine and 5 minutes later out comes the part? I said this is not a 3D printer this is a CNC Milling Machine. This is subtractive manufacturing processes not additive.

We have a customer that print parts similar to this on their $1million printer. Rate is $300 an hour and their part similar to yours takes 100 hours to build. Before we helped them reduce cycle time it was a 60-hour part run on 10 different machines and sent out for finishing work. We moved it to a $75ok machine and reduce the cycle time down to 12 hours with no outside processing for the finish work. The one part of 5 years had a ROI over $2.2 million.

He decided their $250k spent on their machine was money well spent and was happy with how things were progressing.